Mishti doi is a fermented sweet dahi or sweet yogurt. This type of yoghurt is common in the states of West Bengal and Orissa in India, and in Bangladesh
Bengali Misti Doi Or Mitha Dahi Or Sweet Yoghurt
Mishti doi is a fermented sweet dahi or sweet yogurt. This type of yoghurt is common in the states of West Bengal and Orissa in India, and in Bangladesh. It is made with milk and sugar, while also using yogurt and curd.As Doi (Curd) is also considered auspicious in Hindu religion, it is also prepared on festive occasions and celebrations like Durga Puja and Diwali.
Ingredients of Misti Doi
- All Natural Plain Yogurt 2lb (I used Dannon Plain Full Fat Yogurt)
- 14 oz sweetend Condensed Milk 2 cans
- 14 oz Evaporated Milk 2 cans
- Oven proof Round/Square bakeware
- Green cardamom pwd 1tsp
- Chopped pistas for garnishing
How to make Misti Doi Recipe
- Mix all the ingredients in the bake ware and mix it very well.
- Preheat oven in minimum temperature and place the bake ware inside the oven for 30 minutes or till the card condensed.
- Now off the oven and leave the bake ware inside the oven for whole night.
- Next morning remove the card and place in refrigerator for 4-6 hrs. Garnish with chopped pistas.