Aam Panna Or Aam Pora Sorbot
Aam Panna is a great summer cooler from Bengal and with it's wonderful taste gives much needed coolness to your body.
Ingredients of Aam Panna
- 2 Medium Size - Kachi keri/Raw Green Mango.
- 0.5 Teaspoon(s) - Black Salt.
- 2 Cup(s) - Sugar.
- 0.5 Cup(s) - Mint leaves, chopped.
- Lime juice, of 2 lime.
- 4 Drops - Yellow food color.
- 4 Cup(s) - Water.
- 1 Tablespoon - Cumin Seeds, dry roast them and coarsly ground them.
You may also like
How to make Aam Panna Recipe
- Take the raw mangoes and burn them on gas flame. When the skin became darken turn off the heat and let the raw mangoes completely cool down.
- When the mangoes are completely in room temperature peel the skin and squeeze the flesh. Now take the flesh, sugar, mint leaves, black salt in a small grinder and grind to make smooth pulp, adding 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Do not add more water to it. Now take the mango pulp in a large pitcher or bowl, add the 4 cups water, lemon juice and the ground cumin powder, mix them all together with a large spoon.
- Now put the pitcher inside the refrigerator for 2 hours. After 2 hours take the pitcher, put 2-3 ice-cubes into each glass, pour the sorbot on the ice-cubes and serve.
- Peel the mangoes and grate them. Boil the grated mango flesh with salt and water in a pan and boil till the flesh becomes soft. Now let it cool down and strain the cooked mango.
- Now put the cooked mango in a blender and blend till the mango becomes liquid. Put the liquid mango in a pan and add the sugar and mix it and cook for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add food color, lime juice and chopped mint and mix with the liquid mango.
- Let the mixture cool down and strain it and pour in a bottle to use later.
- When you wise to make green mango sarbot just add 1/4 glass of green mango drink mix with 3/4 glass of water and if required add some sugar to adjust the sweetness and add some ice cubes and serve.
- If you like my recipes, please go & like my Facebook Page
Serving TipsServe Aam Porar Sorbot chilled with ice cubes & pudina leaves.
NotesIf you want, may add few drops of lemon juice.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.44/5
No of likes - 341