Aam Panna | Aam Pora Sorbot
From April first to april end Green Mango or kachi keri used to available in the market. In this time Indian people use those keri to make "Achar" , "Sarbat", "Jelly" etc to preserve those product for further use when keri is not available in the market But we can enjoy the taste of the keri. Today I'm going to share Aam Panna Or 'Aam Porar Sorbot', which is a very famous and refreshing drink for summer. My Grand mom used to make this drink during summer season. Aam Porar Sorbot In this recipe, I've given two different way to make the drink. You may follow any of them and in both the way, you wouldn't be disappointed. The first way I've adopted from my Grand mom's recipe. Aam Porar Shorbot is a great summer cooler from Bengal and with it's wonderful taste gives much needed coolness to your body. This drink is very close to Aam panna. In Aam Porar Sorbot, the raw mangoes are roasted on direct flame, that gives a great smoky aroma, while the mixture with sugar gives a sweet and tangy taste. This drink would be loved by everyone in the home and your guests will definitely thank you for the wonderful welcome beverage. Here is the recipes...
Aam Panna is a great summer cooler from Bengal and with it's wonderful taste gives much needed coolness to your body.
Ingredients of Aam Panna
- 2 Medium Size - Kachi keri/Raw Green Mango.
- 0.5 Teaspoon(s) - Black Salt.
- 2 Cup(s) - Sugar.
- 0.5 Cup(s) - Mint leaves, chopped.
- Lime juice, of 2 lime.
- 4 Drops - Yellow food color.
- 4 Cup(s) - Water.
- 1 Tablespoon - Cumin Seeds, dry roast them and coarsly ground them.
You may also like
How to make Aam Panna Recipe
- Take the raw mangoes and burn them on gas flame. When the skin became darken turn off the heat and let the raw mangoes completely cool down.
- When the mangoes are completely in room temperature peel the skin and squeeze the flesh. Now take the flesh, sugar, mint leaves, black salt in a small grinder and grind to make smooth pulp, adding 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Do not add more water to it. Now take the mango pulp in a large pitcher or bowl, add the 4 cups water, lemon juice and the ground cumin powder, mix them all together with a large spoon.
- Now put the pitcher inside the refrigerator for 2 hours. After 2 hours take the pitcher, put 2-3 ice-cubes into each glass, pour the sorbot on the ice-cubes and serve.
- Peel the mangoes and grate them. Boil the grated mango flesh with salt and water in a pan and boil till the flesh becomes soft. Now let it cool down and strain the cooked mango.
- Now put the cooked mango in a blender and blend till the mango becomes liquid. Put the liquid mango in a pan and add the sugar and mix it and cook for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add food color, lime juice and chopped mint and mix with the liquid mango.
- Let the mixture cool down and strain it and pour in a bottle to use later.
- When you wise to make green mango sarbot just add 1/4 glass of green mango drink mix with 3/4 glass of water and if required add some sugar to adjust the sweetness and add some ice cubes and serve.
- If you like my recipes, please go & like my Facebook Page
Serving TipsServe Aam Porar Sorbot chilled with ice cubes & pudina leaves.
NotesIf you want, may add few drops of lemon juice.
Recipe Review Details
Aam Panna | Aam Pora Sorbot Bengali
Recipe Rank - 4.44/5
No of likes - 341