This dish normally prepare on special Bengali occations. Golda Chingri Or Jumbo Prawns are cooked in a Coconut Milk based Gravy, mild and flavorful.
Golda Chingrir Malaikari Or Jumbo Prawn Curry
Golda Chingri or Giant shrimps are available in Bay Of Bengal only. And this prawns are very famous for its heavenly taste. Bengalis are fond of Prawns. They make different dishes with prawns. Malaikari is one of the best creation of their varieties. This dish normally prepare on special Bengali occations. Golda Chingri Or Jumbo Prawns are cooked in a Coconut Milk based Gravy, mild and flavorful.
Ingredients of Golda Chingrir Malaikari
- Golda chingri/Jumbo Prawns big size 12 pieces
- Large potato cut into medium size pieces 1
- Cumin seeds 1 tablespoon
- Onion 1 medium size paste
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoons
- Tomatoes 2 chopped
- 10 cashew pasted
- Coconut milk 2 cups
- Salt & sugar as per taste
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard oil 1/2 cup
- 4-5 Green Cardamom pods
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1" long Cinnamon stick
- Bay leaves 2
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- 2-3 tablespoons of cream for garnishing(optional)
How to make Golda Chingrir Malaikari Recipe
- Clean the prawns very well and wash them & marinate the prawns with salt & turmeric for 15 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a non-stick pan and lightly fry the marinated prawns and keep aside. Now in the same oil add the potatoes and fry till golden brown and keep aside.
- In that remaining oil add whole cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom pods, cloves & cinnamon sticks and fry till fragrance comes out from them.
- Now add the onion paste and fry till light brown , add ginger & garlic paste and fry with onion. Now add turmeric powder & cumin powder to it and stir fry with 2 tablespoons of water.
- When oil start separating from the masala add salt, sugar, cashew paste & tomato and cover the pan to make the tomato soft & pulpy.
- When the tomatoes become pulpy star frying again till all the masala becomes dry. Now add fried potato to the masala and fry for couple of minutes and then add the coconut milk & fried prawns to it and cover the pan and cook on low flame for about 15 minutes.
- Check if the potatoes are cooked or not. If the potatoes are cooked then off the oven and pour the "Prawn Malaikari" in a large bowl and garnish with ghee & fresh cream.
- If you like this recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button for regular updates.