Mixed Vegetable kofta Cooked In Green Gravy
I have made Vegetable Koftas in spinach based gravy. That is why I called this "Hariyali Kofta".
Ingredients of Hariyali Kofta
For Koftas :
- Carrot 1/2 cup chopped
- Beans 1/2 chopped
- Potato 1/2 cup chopped
- Bell Pepper 1/2 cup chopped
- Broccoli 1 cup chopped
- Paneer grated 1 cup
- Khoya Or Mawa 1/2 cup grated
- White pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cilantro chopped 1/2 cup
- Green chili 2 chopped
- All Purpose Flour Or Maida 4 tablespoons
- Salt and Sugar as per taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
For Hariali Gravy :
- Spinach Or Palak 1 bunch
- Onion 1 small
- Tomato 1 large
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon
- Cashew 10 pieces finely ground
- Kasoori Methi - 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Cumin seed 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
You may also like
How to make Hariyali Kofta Recipe
Making Koftas :
- Put all the vegetables for koftas in a pressure cooker and cook till 1 whistle on high. Now pour the vegetables in a cheese cloth and squeeze to drain the excess water of the vegetables.
- Now place the boiled vegetables in a bowl and add one by one grated paneer, khoya, cilantro, chopped chilies, white pepper powder, salt, sugar & maida and mix them to make a smooth soft mixture.
- Now take small balls from the mixture and round to make even smooth balls using your palm. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the koftas and keep on paper towel.
Making The Gravy :
- Cut the spinach leaves and soak into the water to clean the leaves. Heat large amount of water in a large sauce pan, soak the leaves into the hot water for 15 minutes to make the leaves soft.
- After 15 minutes take the leaves out of the water and blend into a smooth paste.
- Boil the onion and tomato in pressure cooker. Now make paste of the onion and tomato separately and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and wait to crackle them. When they crackle, add the onion paste to the pan and fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Now add the ginger & garlic paste to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes. Now add the tomato puree, coriander powder, turmeric powder & chili powder to the pan and fry along with the onion, ginger & garlic till oil separates from the mixture.
- When oil starts seperating from the mixture, add the Spinach paste, cashew paste, salt, sugar & kasoori methi to the pan and mix well.
- Do not add any extra water. Let the gravy to a boil. When the mixture is boiling for 2-3 minutes, add the fried "Koftas" to the gravy and turn off the oven.
- Sprinkle some garam masala on the top.
Serving TipsGarnish with Fresh Cream and serve with "Roti" Or "Puri" Or "Naan" Or "Parathas". But I prefer to have this "Hariyali Kofta" with "Naan".
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.5/5
No of likes - 429