I have made Vegetable Koftas in spinach based gravy. That is why I called this "Hariyali Kofta".
Mixed Vegetable kofta Cooked In Green Gravy
Koftas are very famous side of North India. They are diffrent types, such as Meat Koftas, Chicken Koftas, Malai Koftas, Vegetable Koftas. Here I have made Vegetable Koftas in spinach based gravy. That is why I called this "Hariyali Kofta". I made often Palak Paneer. One dat I thought making koftas in palak based gravy. So I experiment this and very much successful in my mission.
Ingredients of Hariyali Kofta
For Koftas :
- Carrot 1/2 cup chopped
- Beans 1/2 chopped
- Potato 1/2 cup chopped
- Bell Pepper 1/2 cup chopped
- Broccoli 1 cup chopped
- Paneer grated 1 cup
- Khoya Or Mawa 1/2 cup grated
- White pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cilantro chopped 1/2 cup
- Green chili 2 chopped
- All Purpose Flour Or Maida 4 tablespoons
- Salt and Sugar as per taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
For Hariali Gravy :
- Spinach Or Palak 1 bunch
- Onion 1 small
- Tomato 1 large
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon
- Cashew 10 pieces finely ground
- Kasoori Methi - 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Cumin seed 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
How to make Hariyali Kofta Recipe
Making Koftas :
- Put all the vegetables for koftas in a pressure cooker and cook till 1 whistle on high. Now pour the vegetables in a cheese cloth and squeeze to drain the excess water of the vegetables.
- Now place the boiled vegetables in a bowl and add one by one grated paneer, khoya, cilantro, chopped chilies, white pepper powder, salt, sugar & maida and mix them to make a smooth soft mixture.
- Now take small balls from the mixture and round to make even smooth balls using your palm. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the koftas and keep on paper towel.
Making The Gravy :
- Cut the spinach leaves and soak into the water to clean the leaves. Heat large amount of water in a large sauce pan, soak the leaves into the hot water for 15 minutes to make the leaves soft.
- After 15 minutes take the leaves out of the water and blend into a smooth paste.
- Boil the onion and tomato in pressure cooker. Now make paste of the onion and tomato separately and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and wait to crackle them. When they crackle, add the onion paste to the pan and fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Now add the ginger & garlic paste to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes. Now add the tomato puree, coriander powder, turmeric powder & chili powder to the pan and fry along with the onion, ginger & garlic till oil separates from the mixture.
- When oil starts seperating from the mixture, add the Spinach paste, cashew paste, salt, sugar & kasoori methi to the pan and mix well.
- Do not add any extra water. Let the gravy to a boil. When the mixture is boiling for 2-3 minutes, add the fried "Koftas" to the gravy and turn off the oven.
- Sprinkle some garam masala on the top.