Mugsamali Or Bhaja Puli Or Muger Puli Pithe
One of the most popular "Pithe" is Mugsamali Or Mung daler Bhaja Pithe.
Ingredients of Mugsamali
For the Body:
- Moong/Mung Dal 1 cup
- Red Yum/Rangalu 2
- Maida 1 cup
- Rice Flour 1/2 cup
For Stuffing :
- Scraped Coconut 2 cups
- Khoya Kheer 1 cup
- Molasses Or Date Plum Jaggery 1 cup
- Crashed Green Cardamom 3 to 4
Sugar Syrup :
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water 2 cups
Vegetable oil Or Ghee for deep frying
You may also like
How to make Mugsamali Recipe
Making the Stuffing :
- Take a pan add all the ingredients for stuffing , mix them and cook on low flame by stirring constantly to protect from buring at the botton. At the begining lots of juice will come from the ingredients, but don't worry all the juice will be evaporated after 10-12 minutes.
- When the mixture will start to leave the side of the pan, the stuffing is ready. The stuffing will be not too dry or wet.
Making the Outside/Body :
- Boil the Moong Dal and strain with a clean maslin cloth, keep in a bowl. Now peel the Red yum, cut into pieces and boil to make the yum soft. Strain the boiled yum too and add to the boiled moong dal.
- Mash them together. Add the Maida and Rice Flour and mix with the mashed Dal and Yum to make a dough. The dough should not be so soft or tight. If you feel the dough is little sougy and sticking to your and, add some more Maida to make it perfect and non-sticking to your hand.
- Now make small round balls from the Dough, make a small hole inside of a ball by pressing your oiled thumb, put 1 tablespoon of stuffing inside the hole, bring the two edges together and press the edges to close and secure the shape of half moon. In this way make the rest of the Mugsamalies.
- Heat enough oil/ghee in a deep frying pan. When the oil/ghee is hot enough add one puli at a time. Fry 2-3 pulies at a time. Fry the Pulies till they look golden brown. Take them out from the oil/ghee and put into a bowl. Fry all of them and keep aside.
Sugar Syrup :
- Now take 1 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water in a pan, mix them together till the sugar dissolves and place the pan on high heat to make syrup. When the syrup starts boiling, turn off the heat and pour the syrup over the fried Mugsamali. Serve the Pithe Hot.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.49/5
No of likes - 166