In this cutlets, minced chicken/mutton are marinated and cooked, and then shaped into cutlets and the rest is the same.
Kolkata Style Chicken Keema Cutlet Or Minced Chicken Cutlet
To marinate the Minced Chicken : For the batter :
To marinate the Minced Chicken :
For the batter :
- Take the minced chicken into a large strainer and place the strainer on a bowl for 30 minutes along with the minced chicken to strain any excess water of the minced chicken.
- After 30 minutes, take the minced chicken in a large mixing bowl and add one by one, lemon juice, chopped onion, grated ginger & garlic, chopped chilies, chopped cilantro, chicken curry masala, garam masala powder & salt as per taste.
- Now mix the minced chicken with all the ingredients are added to it, using your clean hand. Now cover the bowl and keep the marinated chicken for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, in another bowl make a smooth but thick batter with egg whites, cornflour, pepper powder, salt & little water. If you find your batter is not enough thick add little more cornflour, but make sure there is no lumps in the batter.
- After 1 hour, take little portion of the marinated chicken and shape into cutlets, Size and shape is totally Upto you.You can see the shaped cutlets in the above picture.
- Now coat each cutlet with some bread crumbs, now dip the bread crumbs coated cutlet into the egg batter, and again coat with bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Make rest of the cutlets in the same process. Now take all the shaped cutlets in a large container with lid and keep inside the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until you want to fry them.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan, remove one cutlet at a time, add it to the hot oil, fry till golden brown, remove fried cutlet from the oil with slotted spatula, and place onto paper towel.
- Serve hot with ketchup & cucumber salad.
If you like this recipe, then go to my [Facebook Page](https://www.facebook.com/Peekncook) and like my page for regular updates.