In this cutlets, minced chicken/mutton are marinated and cooked, and then shaped into cutlets and the rest is the same.
Kolkata Style Chicken Keema Cutlet Or Minced Chicken Cutlet
In Indian cuisine, a cutlet specifically refers to meat (mutton, beef, fish or chicken) stuffing that is fried with a batter/covering. The meat itself is marinated with spices - onion, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, coriander (cilantro), green chillies, lemon and salt. This is then dipped in an egg mix and then in breadcrumbs, and fried in ghee or vegetable oil. The vegetarian version has no meat in it, instead the filling is a combination of mashed potatoes, onion, green chillies, spices and salt, cooked for a bit together. This version is more popular with the dominantly vegetarian Indian population. An example is the Aloo Tikki. Chicken Keema Cutlet is Kolkata speciality. In this cutlets, minced chicken/mutton are marinated and cooked, and then shaped into cutlets and the rest is the same. This is a very famous "Street Food" of Kolkata. This cutlets are served with Mustard sauce, Tomato ketchup & Cucumber onion salad. Here is the recipe.....
Ingredients of Chicken Keema Cutlet
To marinate the Minced Chicken :
- Chicken Keema Or Minced Chicken 2 cups
- Lemon Juice 2 tablespoons
- Onion 1/2 cup chopped
- Grated ginger 1 teaspoon
- Grated garlic 2 teaspoons
- Chopped chili as per taste
- Chopped cilantro 1/2 cup
- Chicken Curry Masala 2 tablespoons (I used MDH chicken curry masala)
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
For the batter :
- Egg White of 2 eggs
- Corn flour4 tablespoons
- Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Bread crumbs as per required to coat the cutlets
- Vegetable or Peanut oil for deep frying
How to make Chicken Keema Cutlet Recipe
- Take the minced chicken into a large strainer and place the strainer on a bowl for 30 minutes along with the minced chicken to strain any excess water of the minced chicken.
- After 30 minutes, take the minced chicken in a large mixing bowl and add one by one, lemon juice, chopped onion, grated ginger & garlic, chopped chilies, chopped cilantro, chicken curry masala, garam masala powder & salt as per taste.
- Now mix the minced chicken with all the ingredients are added to it, using your clean hand. Now cover the bowl and keep the marinated chicken for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, in another bowl make a smooth but thick batter with egg whites, cornflour, pepper powder, salt & little water. If you find your batter is not enough thick add little more cornflour, but make sure there is no lumps in the batter.
- After 1 hour, take little portion of the marinated chicken and shape into cutlets, Size and shape is totally Upto you.You can see the shaped cutlets in the above picture.
- Now coat each cutlet with some bread crumbs, now dip the bread crumbs coated cutlet into the egg batter, and again coat with bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Make rest of the cutlets in the same process. Now take all the shaped cutlets in a large container with lid and keep inside the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until you want to fry them.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan, remove one cutlet at a time, add it to the hot oil, fry till golden brown, remove fried cutlet from the oil with slotted spatula, and place onto paper towel.
- Serve hot with ketchup & cucumber salad.
If you like this recipe, then go to my [Facebook Page](https://www.facebook.com/Peekncook) and like my page for regular updates.