"Aloor Chop" Or Potato fritters is Bengal's most popular street snacks. This "Aloor Chop" serves with Puffed Rice Or "Muri" & Tea.
Kolkata Style Aloor Chop Or Potato Croquettes
Evening snacks take a very important part in "Bengali Adda". And the most popular evening snacks is "Tele bhaja". "Aloor Chop" is the famous Tele bhaja in Bengal. There are so many small shops on the Roads of Kolkata. Almost every turn of a road you can see a Tele bhaja shop. A very cheap but tasty, easy to available Steert Food is Aloor Chop. Fritter is a name applied to a wide variety of fried foods, usually consisting of a portion of batter or breading which has been filled with bits of meat, seafood, fruit, or other ingredients. "Aloor Chop" Or Potato fritters is Bengal's most popular street snacks. This "Aloor Chop" serves with Puffed Rice Or "Muri" & Tea.
Ingredients of Aloor Chop
- Potatoes boiled and mashed 2 large
- Ginger chopped -1 tablespoon
- Garlic chopped -1 tablespoon
- Green chili chopped( adjust to your taste) -1 tablespoon
- Roasted & ground cumin & coriander seed 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
For the Batter :
- Besan 1 cup
- Rice flour 1/2 cup
- Baking powder -1/8 teaspoon
- Red chili powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable or any white oil for deep frying
How to make Aloor Chop Recipe
Making The Potato Stuffing :
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and fry chopped ginger, garlic, green chilies for few seconds.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and mix well.
- Now add the mashed potato, salt & 3-4 tablespoons roasted & ground cumin & coriander to the pan and make a mixture of potato.
- Now let the mixture cool
Make The batter :
- In this mean time make a smooth but thick batter with besan, rice flour, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, red chili, little salt, Baking powder with little water at a time.
Frying The Chops :
- When the potato mixture will cool down completely, make small balls from the mixture and flatten the balls pressing by palm on wax paper (Easy to remove the chopes from the wax paper).
- Take each flatten potato mixture dip in batter and deep fry till nice golden brown