Bengali Jeelipi Or Jalebi Recipe
Jalebi or Jeelipi is a very popular Indian sweet. It can be served cold or hot. It is made by deep frying a batter in pretzel or circular shape and soaked into sugar syrup.
Ingredients of Jeelipi
- Rice 2 cups
- Urad daal 1 cup
- Few drops of yellow food color(Optional)
- Sugar 2 cups
- Water 2 cups
- Rose water -2 tablespoon
- Fennel seeds 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder -1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Ghee 2 tablespoon
You may also like
How to make Jeelipi Recipe
- Soak the daal and rice separately in water for 5/6hrs. Grind the rice and daal separately (remember do not warm the daal or rice while grinding them. Turn off the Grinder in every 1 minute to keep the grinder cool), then mix into a large bowl and add fennel with it. Then again keep it for 5/6 hrs.
- After 5/6 hours beat the batter very well for 5-10 minutes with hand.
- To make the syrup heat 2 cups of water in a pan and add sugar and bring to a nice boil to make syrup . Make a thick syrup. Add rose water and cardamom powder to it.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add 2 tablespoons of ghee. Now fill the Jeelipi batter into a piping bag with a number 3 nozzle. You can also use an empty ketchup bottle.
- Squeeze the Jeelipi batter out in the hot oil in a pretzel shape to about 2 inches in diameter. Fry the jeelipi(s) till golden brown on both sides.
- Once fried then soak the jeelipi(s) completely in sugar syrup for 20-30 seconds and serve hot.
- If you like the recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button for more updates.
Serving TipsSprinkle some chopped Pistachios & Saffron threads before serving.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.43/5
No of likes - 219