This is a very easy recipe, anyone can cook this, and belive me you won't be disappointed after making this.
Bachelors' Chicken Curry Or Quick & Easy Chicken Curry
Everyone love Chicken Curry. Specially when you have no time to cook much, but you really want something tasty and easy to cook is Chicken Curry. But this time I'm giving this recipe for those who do not know cooking at all, but can't eat out everyday. This is a very easy recipe, anyone can cook this, and belive me you won't be disappointed after making this. Nothing much I've to say but sharing the recipe as soon as possible. Here it is.....
Ingredients of Bachelors' Chicken Curry
- Chicken, bone-in pieces 500gm, or 1 lb
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Oil 1 + 2 tablespoons
- Ginger 7-8 cloves, garlic 1/2" long, 2 medium onion, 1 red chili, 1 green chili make a fine paste in a grinder with 2 tablespoons of water
- Tomato 1 large, chopped
- Potato 2 large, halved
- Bay leaf 1
- Clove 2
- Cardamom Pods 1
- Cinnamon Stick 1
- Few Fenugreek/Methi Seeds
- Radhuni Or Celery Seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt & sugar to taste
How to make Bachelors' Chicken Curry Recipe
- Take the chicken and clean it, pat dry and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Add turmeric, 1 tablespoon of mustard oil, onion & other ingredients' paste, chopped tomatoes, and marinate the chicken, keep aside for 1 hour.
- Now heat oil in a pan, fry the potatoes till golden brown. Take them out of the pan and put into a cooker.
- In the same oil add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and heat it. Now add the bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, radhuni & methi seeds, fry for few seconds.
- Now add the marinated chicken to the pan and add some salt and cover the pan. Simmer the stove and let all the water come out from the chicken. It will take 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid and higher the heat to evaporate the water which came out from the chicken. Keep frying till oil coming out from the masala.
- Now pour all the chicken along with the masala into the cooker. Add 1 cup of warm water to the cooker, close the lid and pressure cook upto 2 whistles.
- After 2 whistles turn off the heat and let the pressure release itself. When all the pressure released, open the pressure cooker lid and serve hot with Steamed Rice.
- If you want, you can add chopped cilantro.
- If you do not have any Pressure Cooker, cook the chicken curry in the same pan where you stir fried the chicken with the spices. Add 2 cups of water to the pan and cook the chicken with an airtight lid on medium low heat for 15-20 minutes, till the chicken and potatoes are tender.
If you like my recipes, please go and like my Facebook Page for regular updates.