Today I'm going to share the recipe of "Gokul Pithe", which is made with scraped coconut & khoya Or milk solid.
Ingredients of Gokul Pithe
- For The Stuffing :
- Scraped Coconut 1 cup
- Khoya Kheer Or Mawa 1 cup
- Jaggery Or Patali 1/2
- Sugar 1/4 cup, adjust to your taste
- Green Cardamom Pods Or Choto Elach 2, crushed
- For The Batter :
- All Purpose Flour 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour 1/2 cup
- Semolina Or Suji 1/4 cup
- Milk @ room temperature enough to make a smooth pakora/fritter batter
Vegetable Oil/Ghee - for deep frying
For Syrup :
- Jaggery 1 cup
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Water 2 cup
- Saffron few threads
- Green Cardamom 2, crushed
You may also like
How to make Gokul Pithe Recipe
Making The Stuffing :
- Take a non-stick pan, add scraped coconut, khoya, jaggery, sugar and crushed cardamom and put on low flame.
- Keep stirring, make a sticky stuffing. When everything will be together, the stuffing is ready.
- Now turn off the heat, keep the pan aside and let the stuffing cool down completely.
- Make The Syrup :
- In the meantime make the batter and syrup. First take a sauce pan, put jaggery, sugar, water, saffron & cardamom pods, put on medium flame.
- Let the syrup boil for 5 minutes on medium heat, turn off the heat.
- Make The Batter :
- Now take a medium size bowl, add rice flour, maida, suji & milk to make pakora/fritters batter.
Making The Gokul Pithe :
- Now take little amount of the coconut, khoya mixture, make small balls with your plum.
- Then flatten it by pressing with the other palm to make it look like patty. Put the coconut khoya mixture patties on a wax paper.
- Heat enough oil/ghee in a deep frying pan. Now grease your palm with some oil, take each patty, dip into the flour batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Do not add too much pithes at time, not more than 2-3 at a time. Fry them on low heat till golden brown, take them out of the pan and put into the warm syrup for 1-2 minutes. After 1-2 minutes, take them out of the syrup and put on a flat serving plate.
- You may serve them warm or at room temperature. Enjoy your 'Gokul Pithe'.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.45/5
No of likes - 280