Bengali Kheer Malpua Or Malpoa
Malpua or Malpoa is one of the easy to make pithas(Bengali sweet dish).Usually Malpoa or Malpua is a North & East Indian delicacy, in UP, Bihar, Odisa West Bengal these Malpoa or Malpua is pretty famous as festival sweet. It is almost like making pan cakes only deep fried.
Ingredients of Bengali Kheer Malpua
- Maida – 1 cup
- Sooji / Semolina – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Mouri / Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Milk (according to thickness)
- Chopped coconut
- Khoya Kheer Or Mawa grated 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- White oil to fry
For Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Cardamom pods 2-3
- Saffron Strands 5-6
You may also like
How to make Bengali Kheer Malpua Recipe
- Take a saucepan and add all the ingredients under the heading of syrup and bring mixture to a boil. After boiling 5 minutes off the oven and let the syrup cool to the room temperature
- First mix all the dry ingredients(maida, sooji, khoya kheere, sugar, salt, mouri, baking powder & coconut) together in a bowl.Now add milk to make a batter not so thik not so thin like pancake batter .
Keep the mixture in room temperature for about 15 minutes. Then take a flat non stick pan and heat oil and pour one big spoon at a time and fry the both side till golden brown.
Now soak each "Malpoa" into the sugar syrup at a time for 1-2 minutes and take it out from the syrup and place on a plate.
- You may serve Malpoa with Malai.(For malai take 1/2 ltr full taf milk, 1/2 cup condensed milk. Boil together till thicken, add sugar if required, add some crushed cardamom, saffron. when you get the malai consistancy spread on each Malpoa with spoon.) If you like this recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button for regular updates.
Serving TipsServe "Malpoa" hot or chilled. You may garnish with malai for more tasty before serving.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.5/5
No of likes - 3052