Egg curry is a very famous dish of any state of India. Bengali Egg Curry or Dimer Dalna/Jhol is not very different from the regular Indian egg curry.
Dimer Dalna/Jhol Or Bengali Egg Curry
- Egg curry is a very famous dish of any state of India. Bengali Egg Curry or Dimer Dalna/Jhol is not very different from the regular Indian egg curry. This is not very thick gravy. This is a thin stew like curry, When we, homemakers could not have ingredients in our pantry, Egg curry is the easiest dish to prepare. As this curry does not need much ingredients, can be made very quick and easily. So today I'm going to share the most easy but most delicious dish, which everyone loves. Here is the recipe...
Ingredients of Dimer Dalna
- Hard Boiled Eggs 4, peeled & pircked with fork
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Oil 4 tablespoons
- Potato, halved boiled, peeled - 2 large
- Green Chili, chopped to taste
- Onion 1 medium, chopped
- Ginger garlic 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato 1 medium, chopped
- Cumin Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala pinch to sprinkle
- Mustard Oil Or Ghee 1 teaspoon
- Bay Leaf 1
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
How to make Dimer Dalna Recipe
- First take the boiled eggs, boiled potatoes in a bowl, sprinkle some salt & turmeric and marinate.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, fry the eggs & potatoes till they are golden brown, take them out of the pan and put in a bowl.
- In the same oil, add chopped chilies, chopped onion, some salt and fry till the onion looks light golden brown.
- In the mean time take a small bowl, add ginger garlic paste, turmeri & cumin powder, little water and make a masala paste.
- When the onion is light golden brown, add the masala paste to the pan. Fry till oil separates from the masala.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cover the pan to make the tomatoes pulpy. After 30 seconds, open the pan and mix all the masala together.
- Add the fried potatoes, eggs into the pan and stir fry with the masala. Now heat 1 cup water in a bowl and add the water to the pan.
- Let the curry boil for 5 minutes, and after that turn off the heat. Pour the curry in a bowl. Now clean the pan and again put it on medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil/ghee in the same pan, when the oil is hot enough, add bay leaf, cumin, fry for 1-2 seconds, and then add the curry in the pan.
- Let the gravy boil for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle some garam masala on the gravy and serve with steamed rice Or roti Or chapati Or paratha.