Egg curry is a very famous dish of any state of India. Bengali Egg Curry or Dimer Dalna/Jhol is not very different from the regular Indian egg curry.
Dimer Dalna/Jhol Or Bengali Egg Curry
- First take the boiled eggs, boiled potatoes in a bowl, sprinkle some salt & turmeric and marinate.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, fry the eggs & potatoes till they are golden brown, take them out of the pan and put in a bowl.
- In the same oil, add chopped chilies, chopped onion, some salt and fry till the onion looks light golden brown.
- In the mean time take a small bowl, add ginger garlic paste, turmeri & cumin powder, little water and make a masala paste.
- When the onion is light golden brown, add the masala paste to the pan. Fry till oil separates from the masala.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cover the pan to make the tomatoes pulpy. After 30 seconds, open the pan and mix all the masala together.
- Add the fried potatoes, eggs into the pan and stir fry with the masala. Now heat 1 cup water in a bowl and add the water to the pan.
- Let the curry boil for 5 minutes, and after that turn off the heat. Pour the curry in a bowl. Now clean the pan and again put it on medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil/ghee in the same pan, when the oil is hot enough, add bay leaf, cumin, fry for 1-2 seconds, and then add the curry in the pan.
- Let the gravy boil for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle some garam masala on the gravy and serve with steamed rice Or roti Or chapati Or paratha.