Punjabi Aloo Ke Parathe/Paranthe
Aloo Paratha is an Indian recipe and one of the most popular breakfast dishes throughout western, central and northern regions of India.
Ingredients of Aloo Paratha
For Stuffing :
- Potato (Big) 2 boiled and mashed
- Ajwain 1 teaspoon
- Cilantro (Chopped) 1/2 cup chopped
- Ginger Chopped 1 tablespoon
- Green chili 2 chopped
- Onion 1 medium size chopped
- Roasted & Grinded Cumin & Coriander Seeds 4 tablespoons
- Salt as per taste
For Dough :
- Maida 1cup
- Atta Or Whole Wheat Flour 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoons for the
- Salt to taste
- Warm water To make the dough
Vegetable Oil - frying
You may also like
How to make Aloo Paratha Recipe
Making the stuffing
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry chopped onion till light golden. Add chili & ginger and fry for a while and add ground spices and fry for few seconds. Add some salt, ajwain and mashed potato and mix well.
- Finally add chopped coriander and mix with potato and let the stuffing cool.
For the dough :
- Now make a soft dough with maida, atta, salt, oil and look warm water and cover with a dump cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes. If ou want to use only atta in your paratha, make the dough with 2 cups of atta.
Making the parathas :
- Now make equal 6 balls from the dough and roll a make a small disk size and place some stuffing on the center of the disk and fold the dough around the Filling ball, completely enclosing it.
- Pinch the dough ends together. Flatten the stuffed ball and dip it into the dry flour on both sides. Roll out the stuffed ball into a tortilla shaped disk.
- The paratha should not be too thin.
- Place the rolled paratha on the heated skillet and cook until bubbles start to appear. Once bubbles appear, flip the paratha over and lightly spray it with cooking oil.
- Allow this side to cook for 30 seconds and flip it over once more. Again, lightly spray with cooking oil. Keep flipping and cooking the paratha until the look of raw dough is gone and it looks completely cooked.
- It should have light golden/brown spots. Keep the paratha in a covered or insulated container and repeat process for remaining parathas.
If you like my recipes, please go like my Facebook Page.
Serving TipsUsually butter or chutney is served with Aloo Paratha . Lassi is served along with it.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.5/5
No of likes - 20