Refreshing Mango Kulfi Or Indian Mango Flavored Ice-Cream
Kulfi is a popular frozen dairy dessert from the India. It is often described as "traditional Indian Subcontinent ice cream".
Ingredients of Mango Kulfi
For Classic Kulfi Recipe :
- Full Fat Milk 1/2 litter + 1/2 cup warm
- Corn Flour 1 teaspoon
- Milk Powder 1 teaspoon
- Sweetend Condensed Milk 1/2 cup
- Sweet Ripe Mango 1 large
- Crashed Green Cardamom 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped Nuts (Almond, Pistachioes) - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar if needed
- Few Saffron Strands
- For Instant Kulfi Recipe :
- Ripe Mango Pulp 1/2 cup
- One 14oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- One 12oz can of Evaporated Milk
- Chopped pistachio 1/3 cup (Optional)
How to make Mango Kulfi Recipe
Classic Mango Kulfi Recipe :
- Peel the mango and cut the flesh out of the mango, grind the pulp till smooth and keep aside.
- Soak the saffron, milk powder & corn flour into 1/2 cup warm milk for 30 minutes.
- Take the milk in a heavy bottomed pan, boil it till thickens for 20-25 minutes. Now add the soaked saffron water into the boiling milk.
- Now add the condensed milk into the milk and let it boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chopped nuts, crushed cardamoms and turn off the heat. Let the milk cool down completely.
- When the milk is completely cool down add the mango pulp and mix well. Add if sugar needed.
- Now fill the kulfi molds, seal the molds with atta dough, and freeze it for 8 hours or over night.
- Serve chilled kulfi with chopped pistachioes.
Instant Mango Kulfi :
- Take a nonstick pan and mix evaporated milk ,condensed milk together and boil to make the mixture thicken on lower medium heat.
- When the mixture will be thicken add the pistachio and mix well and let the mixture cool to the room temperature.
- When the mixture attains room temperature add the mango pulp and mix with the mixture very well and then pour the mixture into the kulfi molds or a air tight container with lid.
- Freeze the kulfi for 8 hours or overnight into the freezer. Remove the molds from freezer just before serving.
- Find more summer special recipes here KFB Fan Page
Serving TipsYou can serve the Kulfi with boiled Faluda
NotesTake the frozen Kulfi molds out and open them, cut the edeges and demold the Kulfi. Cut the Kulfi diagonally and serve on a plate.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.66/5
No of likes - 44