Aamer Payesh Or Mango Rice Pudding Or Aam KheerBengali people greet their guests with ripe cut Mangoes and Lichies. It's really refreshing in hot Summer days. Aamer Paysh is a Milk & Rice based Pudding with Mango Flavor. This Pudding should have chilled. I had this Pudding at my Grand Mother's home. I used to go at her home in Summer vacation. I never forgot the taste. When I started cooking after my marraige I tried to make this "Aamer Payesh". But somehow I couldn't bring the exact taste. But after trying several times, now I got almost the same taste. I just love Mango, raw or in any kind of dessert. One famous Bengali sweet called Sondesh also can be Mango flavored. So I thought sharing this "Aamer Payesh" recipe with all of you. Then you can also try this awesome recipe at home....
Mango is a very flavorful fruit. In summer different types of desserts will be prepared in Indian cuisine. "Aamer Payesh" is one of them. Mango kheer is a dessert and in summer it's a very refreshing sweet. It is usually served cold. Mango lovers will love this dessert.
Steps to Prepare
- Take a large pan add very little water in it and add the milk or half n half and boil it till the liquid becomes half n the quantity.(keep stirring continuously)
- Now add the soaked rice into the pan and boil the rice along with the milk. When the rice will be cooked enough add the sugar and boil for another 10 minutes or the pudding becomes thick and creamy.
- Now let the payesh cool completely and then add the mango pulp and mix with the "Payesh" very well.
- Pour the "Payesh" in a large container garnish with chopped nuts and refrigerate it for 3-4 hour or before serving.
- If you like my recipes, please go & like my Facebook Page for regular updates.