Momo is a fast food of Nepal, Tibet origin. This is a very famous easy to make fast food of Nepal, Tibet, Sikkim, Bhutan etc. north east Asian Country.
Steamed Chicken Momo Or Dumplings Or Dimsum Or Wanton
Momo is a fast food of Nepal, Tibet origin. This is a very famous easy to make fast food of Nepal, Tibet, Sikkim, Bhutan etc. north east Asian Country. Those are similar to the Chinese, Korean, Japanese steamed dumplings. In India this Momos are become famous in North eastern Indian. At that time momos have made by filling plain pork meats. But nowadays the momos are made with chicken, prawn even vegetable. Momos are in many different types in India, like steamed, fried, pan fried with sauce, in sizzlers', even in soups. But this momos are famous in North side of India. Its popularity till has not reached in South. Today I'm going to share the Steamed Chicken Momo recipe with my followers. This is one of my favorite evening snacks. I was thinking of making these momos for long days. When I was in USA I usually made them in my bamboo steamer. But I could not bring it with me in India. But when Tupperware offered me their newly introduced product Steam It, I was very happy, and from that day I was planning to make momos for their promotional post. So today I made "Steamed Chicken Momo" and sharing the recipe with you.
Ingredients of Steamed Chicken Momo
For The Filling :
- Minced Chicken 250gm
- Minced Onion 1/2 cup
- Minced Garlic 1/2 teaspoon
- Minced Chilies to taste
- Chopped Spring Onion 1/2 cup
- Chopped Cilantro 1/2 cup
- Soya Sauce 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil 1 teaspoon
For The Shell :
- All Purpose Flour Or Maida 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil 2 teaspoons
How to make Steamed Chicken Momo Recipe
Make The Filling :
- Take all the ingredients under the heading 'For Filling' in a glass bowl and mix them using your hand. Keep aside.
- Make The Shell :
- Take the Flour, salt, oil in a bowl and make a soft doulg with some water. Do not add all the water at a time.
- Add as much as you need. Cover the dough with a dump cloth and keep aside for 5 minutes.
Make The Dumplings :
- Make small balls from the dough. Roll each ball into a small round. Put a teaspoon of the filling in the middle and bring all edges together in a fancy fan fold. Now cover the raw momos with a dump cloth.
- Now take a flat pan, add some water into it and put on medium heat. In the meantime take the Tupperware steamer, grease some oil and put the raw momos in the steamer.
- When the water will start boiling put the covered steamer on the boiling water, steam the momos for 10 minutes. Serve steamy hot Momos with spicy oily tangy chili sauce.
- If you do not have steamer, still you can make momos. Take a wide and deep pan with lid, place the raw momos on a clean large piece of cheese cloth, tie the cheese cloth on the lower side of the lid, boil some water in the pan.
- When the water will start boiling put the lid with raw momos.
- Steam for 10 minutes and serve hot.
- You can also use slotted tray for steam the momos.