Methi Malai Paneer Or Paneer In Fenugreek Gravy
I'm going to share a very delicious recipe of paneer in which I've used coconut milk to make the creamy gravy. This is a Mughlai dish in which Paneer is cooked in a rich thick creamy gravy, and serves with Indian Bread Or Rice items.
Ingredients of Methi Malai Paneer
- Paneer Or Cottage Cheese 250gm (Store bought/homemade, I used store bought)
- Vegetable Oil 2 + 1 tablespoons
- Onion, chopped 1 medium size
- Garlic, chopped 5 to 6 cloves
- Tomato, chopped 1 medium size
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Turmeric 1/3 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder to taste
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Cloves 2
- Green Cardamom Pods 1
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Bay leaf 1
- Coconut Milk 1 cup (if using coconut milk powder, then make it thick coconut milk)
- Kasuri Methi - 2 tablespoons
You may also like
How to make Methi Malai Paneer Recipe
- Take a pan and heat 2 cups of water, add 1 teaspoon salt in the water, and make the water boil. Turn off the heat, add the paneer block and keep aside for 30 minutes. In this way, the paneer will be soft.
- After 30 minute, take the paneer and pat dry with paper towel. Then put the paneer block on a cutting board, and make desire pieces.
- Now heat oil into the pan, and lightly fry the paneer pieces and keep aside. In the same oil add garlic, onion and fry till they become light golden brown.
- Now add the turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt, sugar and sprinkle some water to prevent the spices to burn. When the spices start seperating oil, add the tomatoes.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat and let the tomatoes to be cooked and pulpy. When the tomatoes become pulpy, turn off the heat and let the masala to cool down completely.
- When the masala will be completely cool down, pour the masala in a small spice grinder, add 2-3 tablespoons of water with it and grind the masala to make smooth.
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds, fry till nice fragrance comes from the whole masala.
- Add the masala paste to the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Now add the coconut milk into the pan and bring the gravy to boil.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes, add Kasuri methi and fried paneer pieces and cover the pan, boil for 1 minute and turn off the heat. Check the salt & sugar.
- Serve creamy 'Methi Malai Paneer' with Chapati/Roti/Paratha/Puri Or any Rice items. Enjoy.....
Serving TipsServe Methi Malai Paneer with Indian Bread Or Rice items & cucumber onion salad.
NotesYou may use Cream instead of Coconut Milk, but use 1/2 the quantity of coconut milk, as the cream is thicker than coconut milk.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.71/5
No of likes - 17