Mughlai style dishes are very rich, creamy, not too spicy types. This types of recipes are truely inspired by the Mughal dynasty. This chicken curry is very easy to make but tastes awesome.
Mughlai Chicken Curry
Mughlai style dishes are very rich, creamy, not too spicy types. This types of recipes are truly inspired by the Mughal dynasty. This chicken curry is very easy to make but tastes awesome. This recipe is totally my own creation, no adoption or inspiration from any other websites. Usually I always order Mughlai dishes in restaurants, because the curries are always smooth, creamy little sweeter in taste. Mughlai Chicken is one of my favorite Mughlai dishes. I always have this curry with Tandoori Rotis. This recipe also I tried many times in a nearby restaurant and make the recipe myself. Today I'm going to share my own creation of Mughlai Chicken recipe.
Ingredients of Mughlai Chicken Curry
- Bone-in Chicken pieces 750gm
- Sour Curd 1 cup
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Red Chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion 2 medium size, finely chopped
- Salt & Sugar as per taste
- Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoons
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Cream 2 to 3 tablespoons for garnishing
For Paste :
- Ginger 1" long piece
- Garlic Cloves 10
- Cinnamon stick 1 stick
- Cloves 3
- Green Cardamom Pods 2
- Javery Petals 2
- Cumin Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds 1 tablespoon
- Red Chilis 2
- Almonds 10, soaked in water for 15 minutes & peeled
How to make Mughlai Chicken Curry Recipe
- At first take all the ingredients in a small grinder, add some water and soak for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes grind them to make a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Now take the chicken wash and clean them, put them on a large strainer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes put the chicken in a large bowl, add sour curd, turmeric, kashmiri red chili powder, and the paste which we made earlier.
- Mix them all together with your hand and keep the marinated chicken aside for atleast 1 hour. If you can put the marinated chicken for 2-3 hours, it would be great, but if yu don't have enough time 1 hour is ok.
- Now heat the vegetable oil & ghee in a large non-stick pan, add the finely chopped onion, salt & sugar and start frying them. Fry till the onion becomes nice golden brown.
- Now add the marinated chicken into the pan, and cover the pan with a lid for 10 minutes. In this 10 minutes, the chicken will release lots of water, which will help the chicken to be soft & tender.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid, higher the heat and let the water evaporate. After sometime, all the water will be evaporated and oil will start oozing.
- Keep stirring to prevent the curry stick at the bottom. In the meantime, boil 1 cup of water in a bowl.
- Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes, after theat add the boiled water to the chicken. Cover the pan and lower the heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes open the lid, check the salt & sugar.
- Garnish the curry with fresh cream and serve with Indian Breads Or Any Rice Items.