Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani
Biryani is a set of rice-based foods made with spices, rice (usually basmati) and chicken, mutton, fish, eggs or vegetables. The name is derived from the Persian word berya(n) which means "fried" or "roasted".
Ingredients of Chicken Dum Biryani
For the Rice Of The Biryani :
- Basmati Rice 2 cups
- Shahi jeera 1 tbsp
- Salt to make the water salty
- Vegetable oil 2 to 3 tablespoons
For the Chicken :
- Chicken Bone in 10-12
- Bay Leaves 1
- Black cardamom 2
- Cardamom pods 4-6
- Cinnamon 2 sticks
- Cloves 6
- Javetry Powder pinch
- Nutmeg Powder pinch
- Unsweetend Fulfat Yoghurt 2 cups
- Garlic(Minced) 2 tablespoons
- Ginger Paste 1 1/2 tbsp
- Green chili as per taste
- Mint Leaves(Fresh) handful chopped
- Cilantro (Chopped) 1/3 cup
- Onion (Fried) 1 1/2 cup
- Red Chill
You may also like
How to make Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe
- Marinate the chicken pieces with yoghurt,half of the garam masala, half of the shah jeera, mint leaves, coriander leaves, turmeric, red chili, salt, oil & fried onion and keep aside for 1hr.
- Heat oil in a deep wok and add bay leaf and the marinated chicken.Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the heat to cook the chicken.
- After 20 mins open the lid and check the chicken became tender or not.If the chicken is tender then higher the heat and evaporate all the water which came from chicken.When all the water evaporated fry the chicken till oil separates from masala.Now put the chicken aside.
- Now it's time to prepare the rice.Take a large vessle with 6 cups of water,some oil,rest of the shah jeera, 2tbsp salt and put it on high heat and cover with a lid.
- When the water starts boiling add half of the garam masala and the soaked rice and let the rice to half cook.When the rice is half cooked starin it in a large strainer.
- Now take a large pan and grease the pan with ghee/butter.Pour some rice at the bottom and place some chicken pieces on the rice,again spread some rice on the chicken and then some chicken pieces on the rice.
- Repeat this process untill all the chicken and rice is used.Some rice should be on the top of the layers.Pour ghee & the saffron milk on the top.
- Put a small wet towel to cover the pan and put the lid on the towel.Place a flat big pan with some water on the heat and place the pan with biryani on the water simmer the heat for 30 minutes.
- After 30mins open the lid and serve the biryani with raita,pickle or your favorite curries.
- Enjoy your "Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani....
Serving TipsServe this biryani with any Chicken Curry based Dishes and Raita.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.82/5
No of likes - 140