This is Chicken dish with nutty flavor but very easy and tasty dish. Dum means steam, and Murgh means Chicken. The chicken will be cooked in airtight container along with lots of spices in slow cooking process. Here is the recipe.
Hyderabadi Dum Ka Murgh
Dum ka murgh is one of the tastiest and delicious Chicken preparation which used to prepared in Hyderabadi Nawab's kitchen. This is an authentic nawabi preparation from Hydrabad. This is Chicken dish with nutty flavor but very easy and tasty dish. Dum means steam, and Murgh means Chicken. The chicken will be cooked in airtight container along with lots of spices in a slow cooking process. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients of Dum Ka Murgh
- Whole cut-up chicken 1
- Cashew 2 tablespoons
- Chironji or Buchanania lanzan 1 tablespoon
- Sour curd 1 cup, well beaten
- Deep fried onion 1 cup
- Ginger paste 2 teasspoons
- Garlic poaste 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped green chili 2 to 3, adjust to your taste
- Fresh mint leaves 1/2 cup, chopped
- Fresh cilantro 1/2 cup chopped
- Shah jeera 1 tablespoon
- Green cardamom pods 4 to 5, crushed
- Cinnamon stick 2 long sticks
- Cloves 5 to 7, crushed
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds 2 teaspoons
- Lime juice of 1 whole lime
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Ghee or clarified butter 1 tablespoon
- Whole wheat or atta dough
How to make Dum Ka Murgh Recipe
- At first take the Cashew and Chironji in a spice grinder and dry grind them to make fine powder. Take the ground nuts out of the grinder and put aside.
- Now in the same grinder add Cumin and Coriander seeds and make a fine powder with them, and keep aside.
- Now take a large non-stick pan and add chicken, nut powder, curd, fried onion, ginger & garlic paste, chopped chilies, chopped mint and cilantro, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin & coriander powder, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, shahi jeera, lime juice, salt , oil & ghee in to the pan and mix them all together very well.
- Now leave the marinated chicken in the pan for at least 2 to 4 hours.
- After 4 hours take the lid of the pan and seal it with the atta dough and put the pan on medium heat to cook the chicken for at least 35 to 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, turn off the heat but do not open the lid. Leave the chicken as it is for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes cut the seal and open the lid. Your chicken will be perfectly ready now. Serve with any kind of rice or Indian bread.....