Pan Roasted Spicy Tomato Soup
In this recipe I do not boil the tomatoes, I roast them on pan with onion, garlic & green chilis and then grind them.
Ingredients of Tomato Soup
For Roasting :
- Extra-virgine Olive Oil 2 tablespoons
- Red Ripe Tomatoes 6, thick sliced
- Onion 1, medium, thick sliced
- Garlic cloves 3 to 4
- Green Chili 1, or to taste
For The Soup :
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- All Purpose Flour Or Maida 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable Stock 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried Basil 1 tablespoon
- Heavy cream Or Beaten Curd to garnish
You may also like
How to make Tomato Soup Recipe
- Take a non-stick pan or grilling pan, put on high heat, apply the extra-virgine olive oil all over the pan. When the pan will be hot enough, reduce the heat and add the tomato slices, onion slices, garlic cloves green chili to the pan and roast everything till they look nicely grilled soft. Turn them in betewwen.
- Turn off the heat and let them cool down completely. It may take 10-15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take the roasted veggies in a grinder, add 4 tablespoons vegetable stock and grind them to make smooth paste. Strain the Tomato puree and keep aside.
- Now heat a medium size sauce pan, add butter and all purpose flour in the pan and mix them together with a spatulla till the all purpose flour becomes smooth. Make sure there should not be any lump in it.
- Now add the Tomato puree into the pan, and rest of the Vegetable stock, salt to taste, black pepper powder and make everything to boil nicely. Add dried Basil to the soup and boil for 5 miutes.
- Check the salt, add some if neede. Turn off the heat and serve hot with crutons Heavy cream Or Beaten curd.
- Enjoy the Hot Spicy 'Roasted Tomato Soup'......
- If you like this recipe, please go to my Facebook Page hit the like button to get regular updates.
Serving TipsTo make the soup even more healthy you may add beaten curd instead of heavy cream.
NotesChicken stock can be added instead of vegetable stock.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 5/5
No of likes - 8