Seekh Kabab is a finely chopped onion, garlic, ginger, green chili, cilantro & spice powder marinated lamb, beef, chicken Or turkey meat, wrapped around bamboo/metal skewer (Seekh in Hindi) and roasted/grilled usually in tandoor or oven or deep fried in oil.
Indian Style Chicken Seekh/Sheekh Kabab
- Take all the ingredients except Roasted Chana Dal Powder in a mixing bowl and mix them really well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add Sattu/Roasted Chana Dal Powder little by little, till the mixture looks firm to make sausage easily.
- Preheat the oven to maximum temperature, my oven goes upto 550F.
- Divide the mixture in 8 equal portions.
- Now apply some oil in your both palm, and wrap each portion along the length of the skewer, place the skewers on a aluminium foil wrapped oven proof metal pan.
- Roast in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, baste with oil/ghee just once and roast again for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with onion rings, lemon wedges and serve with mint chutney.
This rice dish does not need any curry.