Seekh Kabab is a finely chopped onion, garlic, ginger, green chili, cilantro & spice powder marinated lamb, beef, chicken Or turkey meat, wrapped around bamboo/metal skewer (Seekh in Hindi) and roasted/grilled usually in tandoor or oven or deep fried in oil.
Indian Style Chicken Seekh/Sheekh Kabab
Seekh Kabab is a finely chopped onion, garlic, ginger, green chili, cilantro & spice powder marinated lamb, beef, chicken Or turkey meat, wrapped around bamboo/metal skewer (Seekh in Hindi) and roasted/grilled usually in tandoor or oven or deep fried in oil. Today I've made this seekh kabab with minced chicken. The kababs are very juicy from the inside and roasted from the outside. I prefer this kabab roasted in the oven, more than fried. But if you do not have any oven in your home, still you can enjoy this kabab by frying in hot oil.
Ingredients of Chicken Seekh Kabab
- Ground Chicken 2 lbs
- Finely Chopped Onion 1/2 cup
- Ginger & Garlic paste 2 teaspoons
- Finely Chopped Green Chilies 2 teaspoons/or to taste
- Finely Chopped Cilantro 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Mint Leaves 2 teaspoons
- Kasuri Methi 1 teaspoon
- White Pepper Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Sattu/Chhatu/Roasted Chana Dal Powder 1/2 cup/as required to make firm dough
- Egg white of 1 egg
- Bamboo/Metal Skewer
How to make Chicken Seekh Kabab Recipe
- Take all the ingredients except Roasted Chana Dal Powder in a mixing bowl and mix them really well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add Sattu/Roasted Chana Dal Powder little by little, till the mixture looks firm to make sausage easily.
- Preheat the oven to maximum temperature, my oven goes upto 550F.
- Divide the mixture in 8 equal portions.
- Now apply some oil in your both palm, and wrap each portion along the length of the skewer, place the skewers on a aluminium foil wrapped oven proof metal pan.
- Roast in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, baste with oil/ghee just once and roast again for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with onion rings, lemon wedges and serve with mint chutney.
This rice dish does not need any curry.