I'm a true fish lover, always prefer fish over meat. But somehow I don't like the fishhead itself. So either give it to my husband or make with some mishmash type. I mostly love Murighonto but Puishak Or Bandhakopi is also my favourite. Murighonto recipe is already on blog. Today I'm going to share the Bandhakopi version with Ilish Macher Matha.
Cabbage With Fish head Mishmash
- Take a pan(I prefer wok for this type of cooking) and heat 2tablespoons mustard oil till smokes. Now nicely fry the fish head pieces and keep them aside. Discard the oil if the oil becomes dark in color.
- Heat fresh 2 tablespoons oil in the same pan, temper the oil with panch foron, red chili & garlic cloves. Now fry the potatoes lightly but do not take them out of the pan. Add tomato in the same pan, add little salt, turmeric and cover till the tomato becomes soft.
- In the meantime strain the blanched cabbage and discard the boiled water. Uncover the pan and add the blanched cabbage, stir fry for couple of minutes and add the fried fish head along with 1/2 cup water and again cover the pan.
- Lower the heat to cook it for atleast 5 minuts.
- After 5 minutes check if the potatoes are cooked or not. If the potatoes are cooked enough, then higher the heat and evaporate the excess water and keep stirring to make the mishmash completely dry.
- That's it, Macher matha die bandhakopir chhanchra is done and ready to serve. Serve it with steamed rice and any bengali dal.