Spicy Tilapia Masala Recipe
This Tilapia Masala is a spicy version of Tilapia recipe. In this recipe, lots of onion garlic tomato is used to make the fish rice in taste. This Tilapia Masala goes well with any kind of Indian rice like, pulao, fried rice etc. This Tilapia Masala is rich in spices and oily
Ingredients of Masala Tilapia
- Tilapia Fish 1 cut into 4-5 pieces
- Onion 1 medium chopped
- Tomato (Sliced) 1 medium
- Garlic(Minced) 1tbsp
- Ginger 1 tsp chopped
- Green chili 1 chopped(you can add more acording to your taste)
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder as per taste
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seed 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro (Chopped) For garnishing
- Mustard oil 4tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Warm water 1 cup
You may also like
How to make Masala Tilapia Recipe
- Marinate the fish with some salt & turmeric and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish till golden brown and keep aside. Now in the same oil add cumin seeds and fry till splutter then add the chopped onion, salt and fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Now add the chopped chilies, garlic & ginger and fry for 1 min and then add red chili pwd, turemric, garam masala pwd & tomato and simmer the heat and cover it. When the tomatoes will be pulpy open the lid, higher the heat and stir fry the masala till oil comes from the masala.
- When oil starts coming from masala add the fish and fry for some time and then add 1 cup of warm water and let the masala cook along with the fish for 5 mins and the gravy should be thick.
- When the gravy becomes thick put the fish along with the thick gravy in a serving plate and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with steamed or any other aromatic rice.
Serving TipsServe spicy tilapia with steamed rice.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.56/5
No of likes - 2296