I prepare this fish in Indian curry type with lots of Indian spices, onion, ginger garlic, tomato etc. This preparation goes well with any kind of Indian rice like, pulao, fried rice etc.
Spicy Tilapia Masala Recipe
This is a very spicy type Tilapia Fish curry. We can not claim this to be a Bengali recipe, as this is not an authentic dish. Usually Tilapia is a very popular fish in all over the world. This fish can be cooked in many different ways. This fish goes well in every cuisine. So I prepare this fish in Indian curry type with lots of Indian spices, onion, ginger garlic, tomato etc. This preparation goes well with any kind of Indian rice like, pulao, fried rice etc. Tilapia is a sweet water fish. It is a very tasty and healthy fish. Tilapia consumed in All over the world and called in the same name "Tilapia". Here is a recipe of tilapia steak cooked in Bengali style spicy gravy.
Ingredients of Masala Tilapia
- Tilapia Fish 1 cut into 4-5 pieces
- Onion 1 medium chopped
- Tomato (Sliced) 1 medium
- Garlic(Minced) 1tbsp
- Ginger 1 tsp chopped
- Green chili 1 chopped(you can add more acording to your taste)
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder as per taste
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seed 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro (Chopped) For garnishing
- Mustard oil 4tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Warm water 1 cup
How to make Masala Tilapia Recipe
- Marinate the fish with some salt & turmeric and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish till golden brown and keep aside. Now in the same oil add cumin seeds and fry till splutter then add the chopped onion, salt and fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Now add the chopped chilies, garlic & ginger and fry for 1 min and then add red chili pwd, turemric, garam masala pwd & tomato and simmer the heat and cover it. When the tomatoes will be pulpy open the lid, higher the heat and stir fry the masala till oil comes from the masala.
- When oil starts coming from masala add the fish and fry for some time and then add 1 cup of warm water and let the masala cook along with the fish for 5 mins and the gravy should be thick.
- When the gravy becomes thick put the fish along with the thick gravy in a serving plate and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with steamed or any other aromatic rice.