Bandhakopir Dalna Or Torkari
This is a very popular Bengali side dish in daily cooking. Finely chopped Cabbage / badhakopi (Bengali term) cooked along with potato & peas in a tomato & ginger based gravy.
Ingredients of Bandhakopir Dalna
- Cabbage 4 cups grated
- Mustard Oil 3 tablespoon
- Potato (Big) cut into cubes
- Bay Leaves 1
- Cumin Seed 1 teaspoon
- Tomato (Sliced) 1 large
- Ginger Paste 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder as per taste
- Cumin Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Green peas 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar as per taste
- Ghee ghee 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 teaspoon
You may also like
How to make Bandhakopir Dalna Recipe
- Soak the grated cabbage in cold water for 30 mins. After 30 min strain the cabbage with large strainer and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes till golden brown. In the same oil add bay leaf and cumin seeds and fry till cumin seeds start splutter.
- When the cumin seeds start to splutter add chopped tomatoes and some salt to it and cover it to make the tomatoes pulpy.
- In the mean time make a paste of ginger, turmeric, cumin, red chili powder. When the tomatoes get pulpy add the masala paste and fry till oil separates from masala. When oil starts separating from the masala add the green peas, fried potatoes and cabbages and mix them with the masala.
- After mixing simmer the heat and cover the pan for 20 minutes to cook the cabbage and potatoes properly. After 20 minutes open the lid and you will see lots of water came from the cabbage.
- So higher the heat and let all the water evaporate. When all the water evaporated add some sugar, ghee and garam masala.
Serving TipsServe cabbage curry with daal and rice or roti
NotesYou can add fried fish head or fried prawn in this curry.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.49/5
No of likes - 3645