Flattened rice (also called beaten rice) is a de husked rice which is flattened into flat light dry flakes.
Poha Pulao Or Bengali Chirer Polao
Flattened rice (also called beaten rice) is a de husked rice which is flattened into flat light dry flakes. This recipe is about flattened rice cooked with vegetables & dryfruits.
Ingredients of Chirer Pulao
- Thick Poha or Chire thick 2 cups
- Bell Pepper green chopped 1/2 cup
- Carrot 1/2 cup chopped
- Onion 1/3 cup chopped
- Peanut 1/2 cup roasted
- Potato 1/2 cup chopped
- Raisin 10-12 pieces
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar as per taste
- Turmeric powder 1/3 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoon
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
How to make Chirer Pulao Recipe
- Soaked poha in cold water for 5 minutes and after 5 minutes drain the poha and let it sit for 10 minutes .
- You can use roasted peanut. If you are using raw peanut then dry roast them for 1 minute .
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan and fry the onions for till golden, add the all chopped vegetables and some salt and fry till the vegetables are tender.
- When the vegetables are tender add the peanut, raisins, turmeric sugar and if necessary some salt and fry for 1 minute .
- Now add the poha into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes . Sprinkle Ghee from the top & Serve hot.