Saffron Almond Ground Rice Pudding
Phirni is originally a Mughlai dessert recipe .Phirni is an another variety of Aromatic Rice Pudding. Phirni should be served chilled.
Ingredients of Kesar Badam Phirni
- Whole Milk 2 cups
- Basmati rice/Gobindo Bhog Rice 2 tablespoon washed and pat dry on a paper towel
- Almond 10 pieces
- Saffron Or Kesar threads 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar 3 to 4 tablespoons(Adjust to your taste)
- Rose water 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee 1 teaspoon
You may also like
How to make Kesar Badam Phirni Recipe
- Dry grind the basmati/gobindo bhog rice to make a coarse paste, in a spice grinder and keep aside. (You may use Suji/Sooji or Rava, but do not use rice flour)
- Soak the almond to the water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes peel the skin and grind them in spice grinder.
- Now heat the ghee in a non-stick pan and roast the coarsely ground rice for couple of minutes.
- Add milk to the pan and mix with the ground roasted rice very gently. Make sure there is no lump in the mixture. Now bring the mixture to a nice boil till it thickens .
- Add the saffron threads, sugar and ground almond into the pan and mix well. Turn off the heat and add the rose water and mix with it.
- Your "Phirni" is ready. Let the phirni completely cool. When it comes to the room temperature place it inside the refrigerator for 3-4 hours and serve chilled.
Serving Tips"Kesar Badam Phirni" with some chopped Almonds and Saffron on top.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.44/5
No of likes - 71