Phirni is originally a Mughlai dessert recipe .Phirni is an another variety of Aromatic Rice Pudding. Phirni should be served chilled.
Saffron Almond Ground Rice Pudding
Today I'm posting the recipe of "Kesar Badam Phirni" an traditional Indian Dessert, for phirni lovers .Phirni is originally a Mughlai dessert recipe .Phirni is an another variety of Aromatic Rice Pudding. Phirni should be served chilled.
Ingredients of Kesar Badam Phirni
- Whole Milk 2 cups
- Basmati rice/Gobindo Bhog Rice 2 tablespoon washed and pat dry on a paper towel
- Almond 10 pieces
- Saffron Or Kesar threads 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar 3 to 4 tablespoons(Adjust to your taste)
- Rose water 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee 1 teaspoon
How to make Kesar Badam Phirni Recipe
- Dry grind the basmati/gobindo bhog rice to make a coarse paste, in a spice grinder and keep aside. (You may use Suji/Sooji or Rava, but do not use rice flour)
- Soak the almond to the water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes peel the skin and grind them in spice grinder.
- Now heat the ghee in a non-stick pan and roast the coarsely ground rice for couple of minutes.
- Add milk to the pan and mix with the ground roasted rice very gently. Make sure there is no lump in the mixture. Now bring the mixture to a nice boil till it thickens .
- Add the saffron threads, sugar and ground almond into the pan and mix well. Turn off the heat and add the rose water and mix with it.
- Your "Phirni" is ready. Let the phirni completely cool. When it comes to the room temperature place it inside the refrigerator for 3-4 hours and serve chilled.