Shahi Mutton Korma/Kurma Or Gosht Shahi Korma
Korma has its roots in the Mughlai cuisine of modern-day India and Pakistan.The flavour of a korma is based on a mixture of spices, including ground coriander and cumin, combined with yoghurt kept below curdling temperature and incorporated slowly and carefully with the meat juices.
Ingredients of Shahi Mutton Korma
- Mutton bone-in pieces 500 gram
- Fried Onion 1 cup
- Raw Onion - 2 (sliced)
- Vegetable Oil ¾ cup
- Salt to taste
- 3 Black Cardamoms
- 4/5 Green cardamoms
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3-4 teaspoon Clove
- 1 large Bay leaf
- Ginger Garlic paste - 3 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoon
- Green chili paste - 4 teaspoon
- Tomatoes - 2 medium (chopped)
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon Kewra water
- Saffron 1 decent pinch soaked into 1/3 cup warm water for 30 minutes
- Ghee - 2tbsp
You may also like
How to make Shahi Mutton Korma Recipe
- First mix the yogurt with 1/2 cup of water and beat it well. Add the whole spices ,red chili powder,turmeric powder ,coriander powder,salt, kewra water & ghee to the beaten yogurt and mix it well.
- Marinate the mutton with ginger garlic & green chili paste,chopped tomatoes and the yogurt mixture and keep it in refrigerator for 4-6hrs .
- Remove the marinated mutton before 1 hour of cooking. Now heat oil in a pan and fry the raw onion till golden brown . Now add the mutton mixture and cook till the oil separates.
- When the oil will separate from the masala add salt and some water with the saffron soaked water and put everything in a pressure cooker and cook it with 3-4 whistles.
- Turn off the stove and let the pressure release itself. When all the pressure will be released, open the lid of the cooker, check the salt, add some if needed and serve it on a serving bowl and sprinkle fried onion on top of the korma.
- If you like the recipe, then go to my Facebook Page and like my page for regular updates.
Serving TipsServe Shahi Mutton Korma with Naan bread or Rumali roti or any kind of Rice Dishes.
NotesYou can get fried onion or barista at grocery stores. But if you can not get it from market, make it at home. Justa slice onions, heat 1 cup oil in a pan, fry on medium heat till golden in color. Take the golden fried onion from the oil and spread on a pepper. Let it cool down and you will get your crispy fried onion.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.68/5
No of likes - 1067