Kolkata Style Chicken Cutlet Or Foul Cutlet
In Indian cuisine, a cutlet specifically refers to cooked meat (mutton, beef, fish or chicken) stuffing that is fried with a batter/covering. The meat itself is cooked with spices - onion, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, coriander (cilantro), green chilies, lemon and salt.
Ingredients of Bengali Chicken Cutlet
- Chicken breast - 4
- 2 cups of onion+ginger+garlic juice
- Coriander leaves & green chili paste
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 4 tablespoons
For the Batter :
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup maida & 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Plain bread crumbs 2cups
- Maida for dusting
- Oil for deep fry
You may also like
How to make Bengali Chicken Cutlet Recipe
- Marinate chicken breasts with lemon juice and salt for 1 hour.
- Then add the onion,ginger,garlic juice, coriander leaves & green chili paste & garam masala powder to it and keep it for 4-5 hours.
- Make a batter of egg, baking powder, maida & corn flour and keep aside.
- Now take each chicken breasts dust some maida on it and dip in egg batter and then coat it
- with bread crumbs and place in a container and refrigerate the breaded chicken for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours remove the chicken cutlets and keep them in room temperature for 30mins.
- Now heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets till golden brown. Remove cutlets in a paper towel and serve hot with kasundi or ketchup, sprinkled black salt on top.
Serving TipsServe hot cutlets with tomato ketchup & cucumber salad.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.61/5
No of likes - 311