Potol Royal is a Parwal Or Pointed Gourd based dish. in this dish no spices will be added. This is a very mild but tasty Bengali Dish.
Parwal/ Parval Or Potol Royal
Potol is also known as the pointed gourd, parwal/parval. Colloquially, in India, it is often called green potato. It is widely cultivated in the eastern part of India, particularly in Odisha, Bengal, Assam, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh. It is a good source of carbohydrates, vitamin A, and vitamin C. Potol Royal is a Parwal Or Pointed Gourd based dish. in this dish no spices will be added. This is a very mild but tasty Bengali Dish.
Ingredients of Potol Royal
- 10 peeled Parwal or Potol
- 2 teaspoons Poppy Seed
- 2 tablespoons White Mustard Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Grated Coconut
- 2 Green Chilies
- Salt & sugar as per taste
- Mustard oil 2 tablespoons
How to make Potol Royal Recipe
- Slit parwal lengthwise but do not cut all along (Just like shown in the Picture above).
- Make a smooth paste with mustard seed, poppy seeds, green chilies & grated coconut and keep aside.
- Now fry the parwal till golden and put in a bowl. In the same oil add the masala paste and some salt & sugar and fry the masala till it changes its color.
- When it changes color add the parwal and mix with the masala. Add 1/2 cup water to it an cover the pan and cook on low heat to make the parwal soft and tender.
- When the parwal will be soft add 1/2 tablespoon of oil onto the curry and serve hot with steamed rice. You may sprinkle some ghee on the top before serving.