Bengali Style Masoor Dal Or Red Lentil Soup With Lemon Leaves
Dal is the most usual part of Indian Meal. Bengali meal is also not out of this. But Bengali "Dal" recipe is very much different from the rest of the Indian states' Dal recipe.
Ingredients of Bengali Masoor Dal
- Masoor Dal Or Red Lentil 1 cup
- Onion 1 small finely chopped
- Garlic chopped 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilies 3 to 4
- Lemon leaves 4 to 5 leaves
- Vegetable Or Canola oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
You may also like
How to make Bengali Masoor Dal Recipe
- Wash the masoor dal until the water runs clear and pressure cook them along with 2 cups of water, turmeric & some salt till they become soft and mushy.
- Now heat Vegetable Or Canola oil in a large pan and add Green chilies and Garlic first and fry for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Add chopped Onion and fry till the Onion becomes light brown. Add rest of he Turmeric and the Cooked Dal and 1 cup of water, let the dal boil for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the Lemon Leaves and adjust the Salt to your taste and turn off the oven.
Serving TipsServe this flavorful Masoor Dal with Steamed Rice and Fried Potato Or Eggplant. If Lemon Leaves are not available in the market , then after the 10 minutes of boiling the Dal just turn off the oven and Serve.
NotesIf you do not like the flavor of lemon, do not use Lemon leaves.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.73/5
No of likes - 354