This fish is from Carp family. The Curry should be very thick, rich, spicy & oily type. Goes well with Plain Steamed Rice.
Rohu /Rui Macher Kalia Or Spicy Rohu Curry
- Clean the fish pieces and marinate them with half of the turmeric & salt and keep them aside for 10mins.
- Now grind the onion and extract the juice from the paste. Grind the ginger & garlic together. Grind the whole tomato to make the puree.
- Now heat the oil in a kadai and fry the fish pieces to the golden brown color. Now add the cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves , radhuni & the meethi seeds for tempering to the oil.
- When they starts splattering add 1 teaspoon of onion paste and fry. When the color become golden add the juice of the onion and bring it to boil.
- When it's boiling add the ginger garlic paste. Boil it for 2 minutes. Now add the tomato puree. When the gravy becomes thick add salt & some water.
- Now add the fried fish and simmer the heat. When the gravy becomes thick remove it from heat. Sprinkle ghee on the top of the gravy.
- Garnish the kalia with the green chilies and serve it with steamed rice.
- If you like the recipe, then go to my Facebook Page and like my page for regular updates.