Radha Ballavi is a very famous deep fried Bengali Flat Bread. This Radha Ballavi serves in special occasion like "Puja".
Ingredients of Radha Ballavi
- Urad Dal Or Biulir Dal 1/2 cup
- Ginger Grated 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seed 1 tablespoon
- Coriander seed 1 tablespoon
- Whole red chili 2
- Hing 1 pinch or 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt & sugar as per taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
For Puri Or Flat Bread :
- All purpose flour or Maida 2 cups
- Ghee or Melted butter 2 tablespoons
- Salt and sugar as per taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
You may also like
How to make Radha Ballavi Recipe
- Heat a pan and dry roast the cumin, coriander & red chili for 2-3 minutes. Let the seeds cool down and dry grind them in a spice grinder and keep aside. Now wash and soak Urad dal for 1 hour. After 1 hour, boil the dal with 1 cup of plain water.
- After boiling the dal, let it completely cool down. When it the boiled dal is at room temperature, drain the dal and grind in a grinder with little water, Fennel seeds and grated ginger, to make a fine paste. Now place the "Dal Paste" in a bowl and add salt, hing & ground cumin + coriander + red chili, and mix with hand.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and pour the dal mixture into the pan, and fry the mixture for 5 -6 minutes to dry the dal mixture.
- After 5-6 minutes turn off the heat and put the stuffing in a bowl and let it cool down completely. Now it's time to make the dough.
- Take a bowl and add the maida, salt, sugar & ghee to it and mix with hand. The mixture will be crumbly. Now add look warm water to make a soft and smooth dough.
- Kneed the dough well to make it smooth and soft. After making the dough add 2-3 drops of oil on the surface of the dough to protect the surface from cracks.
- Cover the dough with a dump cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes make small balls from the dough.
- Make a hole in one ball and place 1 teaspoon full of stuffing inside the hole and close the hole and round the dough between the palms of your hand. Roll them as you would make puris.
- Take a deep wok ,and heat enough oil into it. Let the oil heat up before you slide the Kochuris in. Slide one stuffed Kochuri into the oil ,give both sides a minute each before turning.
- Use a slotted spatula to take them out of the oil. Drain each Kochuri on paper towels to get that excess oil out.
- Serve 'Radha Ballavi' with Alur Dom Or Alur Torkari.
NotesYou can reserve the stuffing for later use. It may be as it is for 1 week.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 5/5
No of likes - 2