Today I was determined to share this awesome 'Dalpuri Torkari' recipe with you. This 'Alu torkari' is without onion & garlic and little spicy in taste.
No Onion No Garlic Potato Curry Or Niramish Alur Torkari O Dalpuri
In Kolkata almost in every sweet shops you will get Dalpuri Torkari' Or 'Lentil Stuffed Puri & Potato Curry' at breakfast time. The taste of this 'Kochuri Torkari' is just awesome. Specially the 'Alu Torkari' is so delicious. For Sunday morning at my home we used to have this 'Dalpuri Torkari' & 'Jilipi' for breakfast. I was thinking of sharing the awesome 'Alu Torkari' recipe with you all. But some how I always forgot to share it. Today I was determined to share this awesome 'Dalpuri Torkari' recipe with you. This 'Alu torkari' is without onion & garlic and little spicy in taste. Because 3 types of chilies are added in this curry. Here is the recipe....
Ingredients of Veg Potato Curry & Lentil Stuffed Puri
For Veg Potato Curry :
- Medium size potatoes 6, halved
- Chikpeas handfull of soaked overnight
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Hing 1 pinch
- Tomato 2 small, cut into pieces
- Ginger 1" long
- Green Chili 1
- Whole Red Chili 1
- Black Pepper Corn
Stuffing For Dalpuri Or Lentil Stuffed Puri :
- Chana Dal 1 cup, boiled & mashed
- Vegetable oil 2 teaspoons
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger grated 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1/3 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon, roasted & ground
- Red chili whole 1, roasted & ground
- Salt to taste
For Dough :
- Maida 2 Cups
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable/Canola Oil 2 tablespoons
- Water to make the Dough
- Vegetable/Canola Oil For deep frying
How to make Veg Potato Curry & Lentil Stuffed Puri Recipe
Alu Torkari Recipe :
- Boil the potatoes till they are half cooked and keep aside. Now boil the chickpeas till they are soft.
- Now make a smooth paste with tomato, ginger, green chili, whole red chili, black pepper corn, fennel seeds, cumin seeds in a grinder and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds & hing, add the masala paste, turmeric and fry till oil starts seperating from the masala.
- Add salt, sugar, boiled potatoes & chickpeas and fry to mix them all together. Now add 1 cup water and kasuri methi and cover the pan.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes till the potatoes are 100% cooked. Turn off the heat and serve hot 'Potato Curry' with 'Dalpuri'.
Making Dalpuri :
- Take a pan, heat oil in it, add cumin seeds, grated ginger, turmeric and fry for few seconds.
- Add the mashed chana dal, salt, sugar and mix all of them. Fry the mixture for 2 minutes. Now add the roasted cumin seed powder & red chili and mix well and keep aside.
- Now make a soft dough with maida, little salt, white oil & some warm water and cover it and keep aside for 1 hr.
- After 1Hr make small balls from the dough and put the stuffing into the balls and roll them with little oil to make small disk.
- Heat oil in a deep wok and fry the kachuries one by one and put on paper tissue.
If you like my recipe, please go to my Facebook Page hit the like button for regular updates.