How To Make Langcha | Langcha Recipe
Langcha is a Bengali sweetmeat that originates from Saktigarh in the Bardhaman of West Bengal, India. Langcha is made of sweetened milk powder, and flours of different cereals. Langcha of the village Simultala in Jharkhand district of India is also famous. Langcha from Nabadwip, West Bengal in India are of top quality. Langcha of Tarapith region in Birbhum district are very big in size.
Langcha is made of sweetened milk powder, and flours of different cereals.
Ingredients of Lengcha
- Maida or all purpose flour 1/2 cup
- Milk Powder 1 Cup
- Heavy Whipping Cream 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder 1/2 tablespoon
- Butter/Melted Ghee -3 tablespoon
- Cardamom pods 3/4
- White Oil For Frying
For the Sugar Syrup :
- Sugar 2 Cups
- Water 3 Cups
- Green Cardamom pods 3/4
You may also like
How to make Lengcha Recipe
- Take a big bowl and mix maida, milk powder, pista & black cardamom seeds together and then make a dough with heavy cream and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile take a large pan and add Sugar , Water & Green Cardamom Pods. Put the pan on high heat to make the Syrup. Bring the mixture to a nice boil and boil for 10 minutes to make a sticky syrup.
- Now make small rolls like in the picture from the dough. Now heat oil in a deep frying pan and slowly fry the Lengchas.
- Fry them till golden brown and then put them in hot syrup. Allow it to cool and then serve.
Serving TipsServe hot or chilled. Taste dose not make any differences.
NotesBengalis love sweet very much. They can't live without sweets. No diet chart can resist their passion.
Recipe Review Details
How To Make Langcha | Langcha Recipe Indian
Recipe Rank - 4.55/5
No of likes - 66