Chicken Fried Rice is one of the most popular Rice dish in Chinese cuisine in India.Homemade fried rice is typically made with leftover ingredients (including vegetables, meat) from other dishes, leading to countless variations.
Chinese Restaurant Style Chicken Fried Rice
Homemade fried rice is typically made with leftover ingredients (including vegetables, meat) from other dishes, leading to countless variations. Fried rice is a common staple in American Chinese cuisine, especially in the form sold as fast food. The most common form of American Chinese fried rice consists of some mixture of eggs, scallions, and vegetables, with chopped meat added at the customer's discretion, and usually flavored with soy sauce instead of table salt (more typical for Chinese-style fried rice). Fried rice made in American Chinese restaurants can vary in appearance, from a dark brown appearance often seen in East Coast establishments, to a light brown appearance often seen in Midwestern American Chinese restaurants. Chicken Fried Rice is one of the most popular Rice dish in Chinese cuisine in India. This one is my childhood favorite Chinese meal. Fried rice is a one pot meal. Usually you do not need any sides with this dish. Today I'm going to share the recipe of Authentic Chinese Restaurant Style Chicken Fried Rice with you...
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Rice
For Chicken :
- Boneless Chicken cut into thin small pieces, (but not finely chopped) 1 cup
- Ginger & garlic chopped 1 teaspoon
- White Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Dark Soya sauce 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Crashed Black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Egg 1
- Cornflour 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable or Canola oil 1/2 cup
For Fried Rice :
- Jasmine Rice/Bashmati Rice 2 cups
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Spring Onion chopped 1 cup
- Baby Carrot 10 Or Regular Carrot 2
- Green Peas 1 cup
- Egg 1
- Light Soya Sauce 4 tablespoons (If using dark soya sauce, then add 2 tablespoons)
- Sesame oil 2 tablespoons
How to make Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- First take 6 cups of water in a large vessel and put the vessel on high heat to make the water boil. When the water starts boiling add the Rice and cover it and let the rice cook for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
- After 15-20 minutes open the cover and check if the rice gets cooked or not. If the rice is cooked, then strain the water in a large pasta strainer and let the rice to cool down completely. When the rice will be completely cooled put the rice inside the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take a bowl and marinate the chicken pieces with chopped ginger & garlic, vinegar, soya sauce, crashed pepper, egg & cornflour and keep aside.
- Now take another vessel and boil some water in it. When the water will start boiling add the carrots to the water and let the carrots to be cooked. Drain the cooked carrots and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes roughly chop the carrots. Now heat oil in a large wok and stir fry the marinated chicken pieces to golden brown and put the fried chicken on a paper towel.
- If enough oil is still remaining in the wok then add half of the chopped spring onions, chopped carrots & green peas to the wok and fry them on high heat.
- Now add lightly beaten egg to the fried veggies and mix them with the egg and fry. Add the cooked rice & soya sauce to the wok and toss them well.
- Add fried chicken pieces, sesame oil & more soya sauce(if necessary) to the wok and mix with the rice. Serve on a large serving bowl with some chopped spring onion on the top of the Authentic Chinese Restaurant Style Chicken Fried Rice....