Kolkata Style Or Indo Chinese Chili Chicken
Chili Chicken is the most common dish of this fusion Indo-Chinese cuisine. This spicy Chinese dish could be found in almost every restaurants in Kolkata.
Ingredients of Chili Chicken
For Chicken marination :
- Boneless skinless Chicken, cut into bite size pieces - 1 lb or games
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 teaspoons
- White Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
- Dark Soya sauce - 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Crashed Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg - 1 Cornflour - 4 tablespoons
- Vegetable or Canola oil - 1/2 cup
For the Chili chicken sauce :
- Garlic minced - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger grated - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilies chopped - 2 or as per taste
- Onion diced - 1
- Green Bell pepper Or Capsicum - 1 diced
- Dark Soya sauce - 3 tablespoons
- Green chili sauce - 1 tablespoon (if not available, use Sambal)
- Tomato Ketchup - 1/2 cup
- Ajinomoto - 1/4 teapoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Corn flour - 2 teaspoons dissolved into 1/2 cup of warm water
- Spring onion - for garnishing
You may also like
How to make Chili Chicken Recipe
Take a bowl and marinate the chicken pieces with all the ingredients under the heading of "For Chicken marination" an keep the marinated chicken aside for 1 hour.
Now take a pan and heat oil in it. Add the marinated chicken and fry till they are golden brown. Take the fried chicken out of the pan and keep on a paper towel.
Now place another pan on high heat. Take 2 tablespoons of the oil used to fry the chicken and add to the hot pan. Add the minced garlic, ginger & chopped chilies and saute fro few seconds.
Now add diced onion and saute again. Add Green Bell paper , and all the 3 sauces one by one into the pan. Stir quickly. Let the sauces to boil for 1 minute.
Add 1 1/2 cup of water to the pan and let the gravy to boil. Boil the gravy for 2-3 minutes. Add the fried chicken pieces. Boil the gravy for 5 minutes along with the fried chicken.
Now add the corn flour mixed warm water to thicken the gravy.
When the gravy will be thicken turn off the heat and serve the chili chicken, garnishing with chopped spring onion.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.53/5
No of likes - 222