Kolkata Style Mixed Chow mein
Chow mein is a Chinese term for a dish of stir-fried noodles, of which there are many varieties.
Ingredients of Mixed Chow mein
- Noodles 1 packet
- Prawns 10 pieces
- Eggs 2
- Garlic, finely chopped 2 pods
- Carrot 1 finely chopped
- Bell pepper 1 chopped
- Green beans 1/2 cup chopped
- Cabbage shredded 1/2 cup
- Spring onion 1/2 cup chopped
- Sesame or vegetables oil 4 tablespoons
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Chili sauce 2 tablespoons or as per taste
- Tomato Sauce 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Ajinomoto 1/2 teaspoon
For The Chicken :
- Boneless Chicken 1 cup, cut into bite size pieces
- Ginger Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Cornflour 2 tablespoons
- Soya sauce 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste (if needed)
You may also like
How to make Mixed Chow mein Recipe
- Boil the noodles and keep aside. Clean the prawns and marinate with salt and turmeric.
- Now heat oil in a wok and fry the turmeric & salt marinated prawns and keep aside.
- Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, soya sauce, cornflour, salt and deep fry them and keep aside.
- After that beat 2 eggs and fry them as scramble egg and keep aside them too. Now heat some more oil and add chopped garlic, fry for 2 some seconds and then add all the vegetables. But do not make them soft. We want them to be crispy .
- When the vegetables become lightly fried add the fried chicken, prawns and scramble egg and some salt and pepper and boiled noodles and soy & chili sauce , tomato sauce, vinegar, ajinomoto too and stir fry for few minutes. Adjust salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve.
Serving TipsBefore serving you can add some ketchup on it.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.62/5
No of likes - 520