Achari Paneer Or Cottage Cheese Cooked In Spicy & Tangy Gravy
Achari Paneer is a very spicy, oily type of gravy based recipe. The gravy should be thick tangy and Indian pickle flavored.
Ingredients of Achari PaneerFor Pickle Spices :
- 1 Teaspoon(s) - Cumin Seeds.
- 1 Teaspoon(s) - Coriander Seeds.
- 1 Teaspoon(s) - Fennel Seeds.
- 1 Whole Red Chili.
- 0.5 Teaspoon(s) - Mustard Seeds.
- 0.25 Teaspoon(s) - Fenugreek Seeds.
- 0.5 Teaspoon(s) - Nigella Or Kalonji.
- 0.125 Teaspoon(s) - Hing Or Asafoetida, or 1 pinch.
- 4 Tablespoon - Vegetable oil.
- 500 Gram - Paneer.
- Onion, 1 small, paste.
- 0.33 Cup(s) - Capsicum, paste.
- 1 Teaspoon(s) - Ginger, paste.
- 1 Teaspoon(s) - Garlic, paste.
- 2 or 3 Green Chilies, paste.
- 2 Medium Size - Tomato, paste.
- 0.5 Cup(s) - Full Fat Curd, well beaten.
- 0.5 Teaspoon(s) - Turmeric powder.
- Salt, as per taste.
You may also like
How to make Achari Paneer Recipe
- Heat a pan and dry roast the pickle spices on the hot pan till a nice aroma comes from the seeds. Place the roasted seeds on a plate to cool them completely. When they are at the room temperature, ground the seeds and keep aside.
- Now take a sauce pan and boil 3 cups of water with 1 teaspoon of salt, turn off the heat and put the paneer into the boiled water for 1 hour to make the paneer soft. (I never fry paneer, paneer becomes chewy after frying).
- After 1 hour take the paneer out of the hot water and cut into bite size square type pieces and keep aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan. Season the oil with all the ingredients under the heading of "Seasoning" (mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, kalonji, nigella, fennel seeds & hing).
- Add the onion & capsicum paste to the pan and fry till the onion paste starts changing color. Add ginger garlic & green chili paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Now add turmeric & tomato paste and cover the pan to cook the tomato and remove the raw flavor of the tomato on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Open the lid after 2-3 minutes and higher the heat to evaporate any excess water of the pan.
- Add beaten curd and the panner, and mix well with the onion tomato masala and fry till oil oozes. (Remember one thing, the curd must be full fat and at the room temperature, if you remove the curd just before adding it to the gravy, the curd will curdle as soon as you add it to the gravy).
- Add 1 cup of water and salt to your taste and cover the pan to bring the gravy to a nice boil for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and add the dry roasted ground pickle spice on the gravy and turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped green chilies and cilantro.
- Serve with Tandoori Roti Or Naan....
- If you like my recipes, please go & like my Facebook Page
NotesYou can add little ghee when adding the Garam Masala. If you do not eat prawns, do not add the prawns. This Raw Jackfruit curry is also very tasty without the prawns.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.58/5
No of likes - 36