Aloo Masala Sandwich Or Indian Style Potato Sandwich
This is spicy potato sandwich . This sandwiches are easy to carry and very tasty. Kids love them very much in their tiffin box.
Ingredients of Aloo Masala Sandwich
For Stuffing :
- Medium Size Potato 2, boiled
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoons
- Black Mustard Seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves 4 to 5
- Garlic, chopped 1 clove
- Onion, chopped 1 small
- Salt to taste
- Tomato Ketchup 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Cilantro, chopped 1/2 cup
For Sandwich :
- Whole Wheat Or White Bread Slices 6
- Butter Or Margarine to spread
You may also like
How to make Aloo Masala Sandwich Recipe
Making The Potato Stuffing :
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mashed them nicely and keep aside.
- Take a non-stick pa and heat 2 tablespoons of oil in it. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves to the oil and fry for few seconds.
- Now add chopped garlic to the pan and fry for another 2 to 3 seconds, till the raw smell of the garlic goes away.
- Add chopped onion and very little salt to the pan and fry till the onion becomes soft. Add the mashed potato to the pan. Mix the mashed potato with the masala and roast them for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato ketchup to the potato mixture and mix well with the mixture. Adjust salt to your taste. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down.
- When the mixture will be completely cooled down, add the chopped cilantro and mix with the potato mixture. Now your potato stuffing is ready.
Preparing The Sandwiches :
- Take each bread slice, apply some butter or margarine on both side of the slice, put 3 to 4 tablespoons of potato mixture on one side of the bread, and place another buttered slice on the potato mixture and toast the sandwich on both the sides till golden brown.
- You can use sandwich toaster or normal non-stick frying pan to toast the sandwiches. In this way, make rest of the sandwich. Cut the sandwich diagonally and serve with ketchup.
If you like my recipes, please go and like my Facebook Page.
NotesIf you want, you can add some roasted peanuts to the potato mixture.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.77/5
No of likes - 22