Lahore Style Chicken Chargha
Chicken Chargha is a very famous and popular Chicken dish which is cooked in two different steps, first steaming and then deep frying the steamed Chicken.
Ingredients of Chicken Chargha
- Medium size Half Chicken Or 1 small whole cornish hen skin removed
- Lemon jiuce 1/3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Hung curd or plain greek yogurt 1/2 cup
- Tandoori masala 2 tablespoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Chili flakes as per taste
- Greenchili paste 1 teaspoon(optional)
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 2 teaspoons
- Orange food color -1 small pinch
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Oil for deep frying
You may also like
How to make Chicken Chargha Recipe
- First take the chicken and wash and pat dry with paper towel. Nowplace the chicken on a plate and deep cut on the flesh so that the marination will go deep inside the chicken. Add lemon juice & salt and marinate the chicken and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Now take a large bowl and add hung curd/plain greek yogurt, tandoori masala, red chili powder, turemric powder, chili flakes, green chili paste, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste ,orange food color.
- Mix all the ingredients of the bowl using your washed hand. Take the chicken, place into the marination bowl and marinate well.
- Now keep the marinated chicken inside the refridegerator for over night or 8 hours . After 8 hours remove the chicken and keep at the room temperature.
- Now turn on the oven on 350 degree Fahrenhite.
- Apply the ghee on the marinated chicken and put the chicken inside the pre-heated oven till the chicken is cooked completely, it will take 30-40 minutes.
- You can steam the chicken on a regular steamer or rice cooker steamer for 20-25 minutes or till the chicken is tender.
- In the meantime heat oil in a deep frying wok. The oil should be very hot.
- When the chicken will be cooked completely remove it from the oven/steamer and add it to the hot oil to deep fry it. Fry each side for 5 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oil and place on a paper towel for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot by sprinkling some chaat masala and lemon juice on the top.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.47/5
No of likes - 122