Bengali Style Chirstmas Special Fruit Cake
Hello friends, as everyone know Chritsmas is knocking our door. And this is the time for baking. My dad used to start baking this cake 1 month before Chisrtmas. He used to make this cake, and whenever it finished, he used to make another one. Just back to back to keep the smell in our home. So today I'm is just 1 month before Chirstmas, and I'm going to share my Dad's recipe, which is made by my Hubby darling. I'm sure you going to love this version of Christmas fruit cake. Very easy recipe, but truly worth it. Here is the recipe...
My dad used to start baking this cake 1 month before Chisrtmas. He used to make this cake, and whenever it finished, he used to make another one. Just back to back to keep the smell in our home.
Ingredients of Bengali Style Fruit Cake
Wet Ingredients :
- Eggs 3
- Ghee 3/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract few drops
- Whole Milk @ room temperature 1/3 cup
Dry Ingredients :
- All Purpose Flour 1 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed Sugar 3/4 cup
- Petha Or Crystalize Ash Gourd
- Chopped Dates 1/2 cup
- Chopped Dry Fruits 1/2 cup
You may also like
How to make Bengali Style Fruit Cake Recipe
- First take a medium bowl and break the eggs into it. Now beat the eggs with hand/electric beater till the liquid makes foam. Add ghee, vanilla extract into the beaten egg and again beat for 1 minute, and keep aside.
- Take another large bowl, add flour, baking powder and crushed sugar into the bowl. Mix them with a spatula. Now in the same add the egg batter and gently mix all together. But remember, do not beat the mixture, just mix them gently to make a smooth batter.
- Make sure there is no lumps in the batter. Add chopped Dates & Pethas to the mixture. Add the milk into the cake batter and mix again very gently.
- Now grease a baking bowl with some ghee, sprinkle some flour into the pan, this is to make the cake come out easily.
- Preheat your oven to 350F Or 175C.
- Now pour the cake batter into the baking pan, sprinkle the chopped dry fruits on the top of the batter and tap the baking bowl for 4-5 times.
- Place the baking bowl inside the pre-heated oven for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes open the oven and check if the cake is done from the inside by inserting a clean knife. If the knife comes out smoothly without any batter, the cake is done.
- If not then keep it inside the preheated oven for another 5-10 minutes. Just checking in every 5 minutes. When it's done bring it out of the oven, let it come to the room temperature, remove from oven and cut the cake into slices.
- Enjoy the "Ghee Flavored Bengali Style Fruit Cake".
Recipe Review Details
Bengali Style Chirstmas Special Fruit Cake Bengali
Recipe Rank - 4.44/5
No of likes - 72