Rich Christmas Fruit Cake With Lots Of Rum Soaked Dry Fruits & Nuts
This fruit cake is packaged with raisins, dried cranberries, dried apricots, and candied fruit, dark Rum, Nuts are also included as Caramel Or Butterscotch Syrup.
Ingredients of Rich Christmas Fruit Cake
- Unsalted Butter 1 cup Or 2 sticks
- Large Eggs 4
- Sugar 2 cups
- Ground Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Ground Clove 1 teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg 1 teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups
- Baking Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Caramel Syrup/Butterscotch Syrup 1/2 cup
- Dark Rum/Brandy/Any Fruit Juice(I used fresh Orange Juice) 1/2 cup + 4 tablespoons
- Dark Rum Soaked Dry Fruits & Nuts 3 cups (See my soaking method of dry fruits)
- If you did not soaked your dry fruits & nuts, no worry. Just soak them before 2-3 hours of the baking the cake. If you do not want to soak them in Rum, Soak them in Orange Juice. It will give your Fruit Cake a very nice fruit flavor...
You may also like
How to make Rich Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
- Take the two sticks of butter at the room temperature and beat with an Electric Beater for 5 minutes. Now add the Eggs one at a time and beat. Beat the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the Ground Spices & Sugar to the Egg mixture and beat for another 10 minutes.
- In an another large bowl mix All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda very well.
- Mix the "Dark Rum Soaked Dry Fruits & Nuts" into the Flour mixture. Now add the Egg mixture to the Flour mixture and with an wooden spoon mix them very well.
- Add Caramel/Butterscotch & Dark Rum/Brandy/Any Fruit Juice to the Cake batter and mix with the batter. Make sure there is no lump in the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350F Or 185C. Grease 2 loaf pan with butter and dust some flour inside the pan. It will make your cake easy to remove from the pan.
- Pour the mixture and bake until the cakes baked properly. It will take atleast 40 to 50 minutes. Insert a knife inside two of the cakes, if the knife comes clear, your cake is ready.
- If not bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the pan and let the cake cool down properly.
- Now prick the top of the cake with a fork and pour Dark Rum/Brandy/Any Fruit Juice on the top, keep the soaked cake for 1-2 hours, slice and serve on Christmas Eve....
Serving TipsYou may dust some powdered sugar on the top of the Cake.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.89/5
No of likes - 45