Mattar paneer is a north Indian dish consisting of paneer and peas in a slightly sweet and spicy sauce. This recipe is without Onion & Garlic.
No Onion No Garlic Matar Paneer
Mattar paneer is a north Indian dish consisting of paneer and peas in a slightly sweet and spicy sauce. Some people also add potato to it. It is similar to palak paneer .It is usually served with an Indian type of bread and may be served with rice. It is usually served as North Indian (Punjab) food. The dish may be garnished with a splash of cream or coriander leaves and is usually vegetarian.
Ingredients of Matar Paneer
- Paneer 1/2 lb 500 grams
- Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoon
- Potato (Big) 1 cut into small pieces (optional)
- Cumin Seed 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay Leaves 1
- Tomato (Sliced) 2 medium
- Ginger Paste 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Red chilli 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder As per taste
- Green peas 1/2 cup
- Butter/Melted Ghee 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt As per taste
- Sugar As per taste
How to make Matar Paneer Recipe
- Take some water in a saucepan add some salt and boil the water. Add the paneer and keep aside for 1 hr.
- After 1 hr take out the paneer from the water and pat dry. Now heat oil in a nonstick pan and fry the potatoes and the paneer lightly and take them out from the pan and put in a bowl.
- In the remaining oil add some bay leaf and cumin seeds and fry for a while. Then add the chopped tomatoes into the oil and some salt and cover the pan to cook the tomatoes.
- In the mean time make a paste of ginger, turmeric, red chili, kashmiri red chili, cumin powder, coriander powder with a little water. When the tomatoes will be pulpy add the masala paste and some sugar and fry till oil separates from the masala.
- When oil will start separating add the fried paneer, potatoes & green peas and mix well with the masala.Now add water into the pan and cover the pan and simmer the stove to cook the potatoes.
- After some time open the lid and check the potatoes are cooked or not. If the potatoes are cooked higher the stove for 5 mins. Check salt & sugar, add if needed.
- After 5 mins pour the curry into a bowl and sprinkle some garam masala and ghee.
- If you like the recipe, please go to my Facebook page and hit the like button.