Mattar paneer is a north Indian dish consisting of paneer and peas in a slightly sweet and spicy sauce. This recipe is without Onion & Garlic.
No Onion No Garlic Matar Paneer
- Take some water in a saucepan add some salt and boil the water. Add the paneer and keep aside for 1 hr.
- After 1 hr take out the paneer from the water and pat dry. Now heat oil in a nonstick pan and fry the potatoes and the paneer lightly and take them out from the pan and put in a bowl.
- In the remaining oil add some bay leaf and cumin seeds and fry for a while. Then add the chopped tomatoes into the oil and some salt and cover the pan to cook the tomatoes.
- In the mean time make a paste of ginger, turmeric, red chili, kashmiri red chili, cumin powder, coriander powder with a little water. When the tomatoes will be pulpy add the masala paste and some sugar and fry till oil separates from the masala.
- When oil will start separating add the fried paneer, potatoes & green peas and mix well with the masala.Now add water into the pan and cover the pan and simmer the stove to cook the potatoes.
- After some time open the lid and check the potatoes are cooked or not. If the potatoes are cooked higher the stove for 5 mins. Check salt & sugar, add if needed.
- After 5 mins pour the curry into a bowl and sprinkle some garam masala and ghee.
- If you like the recipe, please go to my Facebook page and hit the like button.