The beautiful hill station of Nainital hill is situated in the Kumaon region in Uttarakhand. It has received the title of the Lake District of India as it is surrounded by several graceful mystique pristine lakes. There are huge snow-capped peaks all around the hill station and it is spread across 7,000 ft. above the sea level. An interesting fact about Nainital is that it lies in the exact center of plains and mountains. A whole trail of plains can be seen on one side and the majestic Himalayas on the other side.
A quick guide to planning a trip to Nainital
Watch tour video
Subscribe for more videos!!!
How to reach Nainital by Air
The nearest Domestic Airport from Nainital is Pantnagar Airport, Pantnagar, roughly one hour drive from the city. It is well connected to New Delhi and Mumbai. The nearest International Airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi, roughly five hour drive from Nainital. Frequent Flights to various national and international destinations take off from here.
How to reach Nainital by Rail
Nainital has also The nearest Railway Station from Nainital is Kathgodam Railway Station, located at a distance of 24 Kms from the city. Kathgodam Railway Station is connected to the major cities of Uttrakhand. It is linked with the cities like New Delhi, Dehradun, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jammu and Kolkata via Anvt Kgm Sht, Utr Samprk K Express, Bagh Express and Kgm Garib Rath.
How to reach Nainital by Road
Nainital is 23 Kms from Kathgodam, 34 Kms from Ramgarh, 55 Kms from Ranikhet, 62 Kms from Almora, 63 Kms from Ramnagar, 165 Kms from Chandpur, 196 Kms from Kotdwara, 223 Kms from Haridwar, 242 Kms from Rishikesh, 275 Kms from Dehradun and is linked through Uttrakhand State Road Transport Corporation (USRTC) and some private travel services.
Where to stay in Nainital
Best place to stay in Nainital, would be near the Naini Lake, so that the view from the hotel room is nice and you can avail any stores very easily. We stayed at Himalaya Hotel (Near Bus Stand, Tallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand) and it was a nice experience. The view from the hotel room was awesome, Naini Lake view with a cup of hot tea. Other hotel which we saw to be at good location was Hotel Prince, Alka The Lake side Hotel, Hotel Shivraj - Hotel on Mall road, Hotel Krishna and Hotel Royal Heritage. Average price per double room is around Rs 3000-4500 including breakfast.
What to eat in Nainital
There are several restaurants near by Naini Lake, you can enjoy quick snacks on the raod side also. We used to go to the nearby small shops for tea, Bread butter, Maggi. We have tried food at Embassy Restaurant(The Mall, Mall Rd, Mallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand), food was good, little bit expensive.
Places to visit
- Naini Lake
- The Mall Road, Nainital
- Hanuman Garhi
- Governor's House Raj Bhawan
- Woodland Water Fall
- Gabbar bridge
- Mountain Magic
- Aerial Ropeway Nainital
- Eco Cave Gardens
- Snow View Point
- Best time to visit Nainital - Nainital is a year-round destination, but the ideal time to visit is between the months of March to June.November marks the onset of winter season in Nainital and continues till February. This season has a beautiful misty charm with the coldest days seeing the temperature dipping to zero degree Celsius. If you like snow, then plan a trip between December-end and January.
- Cost of 1 Day Nainital Local Sightseeing Tour Package by Car(Indica) - Rs 2000, exclusive of entry fees, food to various places.
- Temperature - From March to June, temperature ranges from 18/6 C to 28/16 C, December and January temperature ranges around 10/1 C.
- When can you see Himalaya range - Winters (December to February) - Shimmering with fresh snow, the views of the Himalayas are simply spectacular at this time.