Sweet Tamarind Chutney is a thick Sweet and Sour spicy sauce made with Thick Tamarind Pulp and other spices.
Sweet Tamarind Chutney Or Imli/Eimli Ki Chutney
Chutney (also called chatney) refers to a wide-ranging family of condiments from Indian cuisine that usually contain some mixture of spice(s) and vegetable(s) and/or fruit(s). There are many varieties of chutney. Chutneys may be either wet or dry, and can have a coarse to a fine texture. Sweet Tamarind Chutney is a thick Sweet and Sour spicy sauce made with Thick Tamarind Pulp and other spices.
Ingredients of Sweet Tamarind Chatni
- Tamarind Pulp 2 cups
- Black mustard 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seed 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Seed 1 tablespoon
- Whole Red chilli 1
- Fennel Seeds Or Saunf 1 tablespoon
- Salt pinch
- Sugar 1 cup (adjust to your taste)
- Vegetable Oil 1 tablespoon
How to make Sweet Tamarind Chatni Recipe
- Take a saucepan and heat oil in it. Add red chili & black mustard seeds and fry till they crackles.
- Add the tamarind pulp, salt, turmeric pwd & sugar and let it boil till the chatni becomes thicker.
- Boil it at least for 1hr .
- In the meantime dry roast Cumin, Coriander, Fennel Seeds & Whole Red Chili on a pan or Tawa, Let the Mixture cool down and grind to make a coarse powder.
- After that add the Dry Roasted Seeds Powder to the Chutney and turn off the stove and let it cool.