Healthy Spinach Fritters Or Palak/Palang Ke Pakode
Spinach is a very healthy edible flowering plant. Spinach has lots of nutrition value. It has antioxidants. Spinach is a good source of Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, folate, betaine, iron, vitamin B2, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, folic acid, copper, protein, phosphorus, zinc, niacin, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids. It has also a very good source of Iron, which kids need much for their growing. It is also a good calcium source. In one word Spinach is a goo
Ingredients of Palak Pakoda
- Spinach roughly chopped 1 bunch fresh
- Green chilies 3 to 4 chopped (adjust to your taste)
- Besan Or Gram flour 2 cups
- Rice flour 1 cup
- Ginger grated 1 tablespoon
- Ajwain 1 teaspoon
- Poppy seeds 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Water to make the batter
- Vegetable Or Canola Oil for deep frying
You may also like
How to make Palak Pakoda Recipe
- First take the chopped spinach in a Large pasta strainer and wash thoroughly to remove the dust.
- Now take all the ingredients in a large bowl except water and oil and mix them well. Add very little water at a time to mix it mixture into the bowl.
- Add little by little water until the mixture is not become like a thick batter mixture. Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a deep wok and add a tablespoon full of the spinach mixture into the oil . Do not over crowd the wok. Add 4-5 tablespoons for 1 batch.
- Fry the Pakodas until they are golden brown. Turn them when one side is done. Take the fried Pakodas out of the wok and put onto Paper towel to absorb the excess oil of the pakodas.
- Serve hot with Ketchup Or Mint Chutney.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 5/5
No of likes - 15