This is a very easy chicken Curry with less ingredients, but it tastes great. Whenever you are in a hurry and do not have much time to cook for your guests, try this chicken.
Aditya's Camp Style Bohri/Bori Chicken Curry
This recipe is inspired by Chef Aditya. This is a very easy chicken Curry with less ingredients, but it tastes great. Whenever you are in a hurry and do not have much time to cook for your guests, try this chicken. No need to stir continuously . My guests gave me feedback that this chicken has a mild but wonderful flavors in it. And it is a very light and flavorful chicken curry.
Ingredients of Camp Style Chicken
- Young Chicken 1, clean and cut into medium pieces
- Onion 1 medium
- Ginger 1/2" long piece
- Garlic clove 2 to 3 peeled
- Green chilies 3 to 4 (adjust to your taste)
- Cilantro 1 small bunch
- Yoghurt 1 cup
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick 1" long 1 stick
- Green Cardamom pods 3 to 4
- Cloves 4 to 5
- Black Cardamom 1
- Cumin seeds 1 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable or Corn oil 4 tablespoons
- Salt as per taste
How to make Camp Style Chicken Recipe
- Take a non-stick pan and heat on stove. Now cut the onion into big pieces and add to the hot pan and roast the onion. Add the ginger and garlic cloves and roast them too. Add green chilies & cilantro too and lightly roast them and keep aside, and let them cool.
- Now in the same pan add the Cinnamon stick, Green Cardamom pods, Cloves, Black Cardamom, Cumin seeds, Coriander Seeds and dry roast them for 2-3 minutes. Let them cool down too. Take a spice grinder and coarsely grind the whole spices and take them aside.
- Now grind the roasted Onion, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chilies, Cilantro and place on a large bowl. In this bowl add the yoghurt and mix with the ground Onion, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chilies, Cilantro .
- Now add turmeric, salt and the ground whole spices and mix well. Now add the chicken pieces and mix with the mixture to coat the chicken pieces. Pour the Oil onto the chicken mixture and keep the chicken mixture for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take a large pan(Non-Stick or Ordinary) and heat the pan. Now add the chicken along with the mixture, cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked enough.
- In between turn the chicken pieces and cover again. After 30 minutes check if the chicken is cooked or not. If it is cooked then turn off the heat and serve immediately with Roti Or Naan.