Dhaba Style Whole Green Moong Dal Chicken Tadka
Chicken Tadka is another version of Dhaba Special Tadka Dal recipe. Tadka is a famous item of Roadside Dhabas.
Ingredients of Dhaba Style Chicken Tadka
- Whole Green Moong Dal 1 cup (soaked for overnight)
- Chana Dal 1 handful (soaked just 1 hour before boiling the dal)
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Whole Cumin 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf 1
- Onion 1 small size chopped
- Ginger garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Tomato 1 medium size chopped
- Green Chili chopped as per taste
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili powder as per taste
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Boneless Chicken boiled with salt & chopped garlic & shredded 1 cup
- Garam masala powder 1/3 teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi 1 tablespoon
- Cilantro chopped 2 tablespoon
You may also like
How to make Dhaba Style Chicken Tadka Recipe
- Take Whole Green Moong Dal & Chana Dal in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles on medium heat and keep aside.
- Now take a non-stick pan and heat 2 tablespoons of oil in it. Add cumin seeds & bay leaf and let them crackle. When they start crackling add chopped onion and some salt and fry till the onion becomes soft and golden in color.
- Add the Ginger & Garlic paste and fry for few seconds. In the meantime take Turmeric, Red chili, Coriander powder in a small bowl and add some water to it to make a paste and add it to the pan. Stir fry again with the masala paste.
- Now add the chopped Tomato to the pan and cover the pan to cook the tomato on low heat to remove the raw smell of the tomato. It will take 2-3 minutes to make soft the tomato.
- Now higher the heat and stir fry again the masala mixture. Now add the boiled & shredded chicken to the masala mixture and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled dal to the masala and mix well. Add Garam Masala powder and Kasuri methi and 1 cup of water to the Tadka and cover the pan and cook on lower medium heat for at least 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes of slow cooking the Tadka is ready to serve. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro on the top and serve with Roti, Paratha Or Naan..
Serving TipsServe Dhaba style chicken Tadka with plain roti/rumali roti/ paratha, tandoori roti with some sliced onion, khatta achar & a slice of lemon.
NotesYou can use leftover chicken curry to prepare this Chicken Tadka... Evaporate the excess curry by boiling the curry, Chop the chicken of the leftover chicken curry and add the chopped chicken to the masala where you are adding the cooked chicken along with the dried curry.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.78/5
No of likes - 230