Dahi Chicken is a very easy authentic North Indian style chicken curry.
Dahi Chicken Or Doi Murgi Or Chicken In Yogurt Sauce
For Marination : For the Yogurt Sauce : Vegetable Oil - 4 tablespoons
For Marination :
For the Yogurt Sauce :
Vegetable Oil - 4 tablespoons
- Take the chicken pieces, clean and wash thoroughly and keep into a large strainer to strain the excess water of the chicken for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take a large bowl non-metallic bowl and place the chicken into it. Add lemon/lime juice, salt, turmeric powder & red chili powder to the chicken and mix with chicken and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime make a yogurt mixture in an oven proof bakeware Or a large non-stick pan & add one by one, yogurt/curd, salt, fried onion, ginger garlic paste, kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala powder, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, pepper corns and mix all the ingredients with an wooden spoon.
- Now take a clean non-stick pan, heat 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in it. Now add the marinated chicken into the oil and fry the chicken pieces for 5 minutes, and add the fried chicken pieces to the yogurt/curd mixture which was made into the oven proof bakeware or non-stick pan along with the oil.
- Marinate the fried chicken with the yogurt/curd mixture, add silted green chilies on the top and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven on 350 F.
- After 1 hour cover the oven proof bakeware with an aluminum foil and put inside the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes turn off the oven and remove the chicken and open the cover just before serving.
If you are cooking in a non-stick pan, cover the pan with an airtight lid, put on medium low heat for 20-25 minutes. Turn off the heat after 20-25 minutes, open the lid before serve. Enjoy..... If you like this recipe, then go to my Facebook Page and like my page for regular updates.