Dahi Chicken Or Doi Murgi Or Chicken In Yogurt Sauce
Dahi Chicken is a very easy authentic North Indian style chicken curry.
Ingredients of Dahi Chicken Curry
For Marination :
- 1 Whole Chicken cut into medium size pieces
- Lemon/Lime Juice 1 lemon/lime
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder 1 teaspoon
For the Yogurt Sauce :
- Unsweetend full Fat Yogurt/Sour Curd 1 cup, well beaten
- Salt to taste
- Fried Onion 1 cup
- Ginger & Garlic paste 2 tablespoons
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon Stick 1" long
- Cloves 4 to 5
- Green Cardamom Pods 3 to 4
- Black Pepper Corn 6 to 8
- Green Chili slited 4 to 5 , adjust to your taste
Vegetable Oil - 4 tablespoons
You may also like
How to make Dahi Chicken Curry Recipe
- Take the chicken pieces, clean and wash thoroughly and keep into a large strainer to strain the excess water of the chicken for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take a large bowl non-metallic bowl and place the chicken into it. Add lemon/lime juice, salt, turmeric powder & red chili powder to the chicken and mix with chicken and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime make a yogurt mixture in an oven proof bakeware Or a large non-stick pan & add one by one, yogurt/curd, salt, fried onion, ginger garlic paste, kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala powder, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, pepper corns and mix all the ingredients with an wooden spoon.
- Now take a clean non-stick pan, heat 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in it. Now add the marinated chicken into the oil and fry the chicken pieces for 5 minutes, and add the fried chicken pieces to the yogurt/curd mixture which was made into the oven proof bakeware or non-stick pan along with the oil.
- Marinate the fried chicken with the yogurt/curd mixture, add silted green chilies on the top and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven on 350 F.
- After 1 hour cover the oven proof bakeware with an aluminum foil and put inside the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes turn off the oven and remove the chicken and open the cover just before serving.
If you are cooking in a non-stick pan, cover the pan with an airtight lid, put on medium low heat for 20-25 minutes. Turn off the heat after 20-25 minutes, open the lid before serve. Enjoy..... If you like this recipe, then go to my Facebook Page and like my page for regular updates.
Serving TipsServe 'Doi Murgi' with Luchi, Porota Or Any Rice Item.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.64/5
No of likes - 485